I Love Virgins

Discussion in 'Journals' started by enochbenjamin, Sep 8, 2009.

1. 1:30 CST cancel all pending orders.

1 trade today - long at 116'235 out at 116'255

#11     Sep 9, 2009
  2. BIG NEWS in a few minutes. I usually wait for the dust to settle before entering - but if you have brass balls....

Sell virgin @ 117'155 then at 117'235
    Buy virgin @ 117'04

I myself will wait 15 minutes after the news before entering any trades.

#12     Sep 10, 2009
  3. If you had bigger balls than me '04 was a perfect entry point.

#13     Sep 10, 2009
  4. Days like today are when the impulsive trader in me starts to seep into my psyche.

First I should have taken the trade long at '04 - I was watching the DOM and it was clear that that price level was being defended. I hesitated and poof - she was gone.

Next I had my limit to sell at 117'155 - and sure enough that is/was the temp high of the day... but my limit order was not executed! Fuckin-A!!

So - I should be done for the day but instead I sit here with a big fat zero and an itchy trigger finger.

And this is where this journal helps me. Now that I have spilled my guts I know I must patiently wait for my next virgin appears... or I could go to plan B...

#14     Sep 10, 2009
  5. Yesterday was one of those days.... got impulsive - made money and I know I didn't deserve to.

Back to the simple - low risk trades.

ZNZ9

118'045 is a very interesting number as it is the high of the last 40 days - for that reason alone I will be shorting if touched. Not really my "normal" virgin, but a virgin nonetheless
    :D

Sell virgin @ 118'045
    Buy virgin @ 117'155

#15     Sep 11, 2009
  6. Trade was NOT taken at 118'045 as the virgin approach reached 118'035 and that was close enough to violate the virgin. Not 100% penetration but enough to say she aint no virgin no mo!

Second approach blasted thru!

Sorry this is after the fact - I've tried to keep all my posts before anything happens.

I have no other sell points for the day - only a buy that is now very far away.

#16     Sep 11, 2009
  7. Ok - I am going to reveal my PLAN B attack on the virgins.

Drum roll please..............

open up a 5 minute chart of ZN or ZB with the following:

21 period EMA
    Daily Pivot Points

Make a notation of the opening price in relation to the pivot point and the 21 EMA.

If price opens below the pivot and below the 21 EMA - our bias is short.

If price opens above the pivot and above the 21 EMA - our bias is long.

Wait for the price to RUN AWAY. That's right, we want price to run away from us. Ideally prices will hit new lows or highs in running away. This works extremely well on news volatility.

We patiently wait for the price to come up or down to the 21 EMA and buy/sell in the direction of the prevailing trend. So if the bias is short we short when price hits the 21 EMA and if the bias is long we buy when the price hits the 21 EMA.

For best results - only use this technique on VIRGIN approaches. For those of you who have not been drinking whiskey that means only trade the first approach of the 21 EMA.

That's it - easy peasy lemon squeezy! How I make money when there are no s&r virgins around.

#17     Sep 11, 2009
  8. Best of luck with your trading and your journal. I have found that going back and reading my journal has helped me in my trading and I wish the same for you

Best

Robert

#18     Sep 12, 2009
  9. Robert, I sincerely appreciate your comments.

Thx!

#19     Sep 12, 2009
  10. Late today - had some computer/internet issues...

Nice looking virgins today :D

Sell virgin @ 118'02
    Buy vigrin @ 117'155

already tried plan B today and didn't move fast enough - out flat.

#20     Sep 14, 2009