I just saw a guy living in his car, never before in my hood

Discussion in 'Economics' started by C- kid, May 25, 2008.

1. C- kid

C- kid

the guy converted his car into livable space and he had laptop in there as well, I spied a bit, he passed the time playing SIMS

he didn't have internet I am sure he would be on ET as well

but what I am pointing out here is that times are getting bad people, things are getting rough

poor guy is trying to save money on rent

I pity him and I salute him at the same time

not many of you know what's it like to be without real roof over your head, but because lot of you voted Bush twice, you'll get a chance to find out

2. Must be nice to have a car and a laptop. Must be nice to be richer than most in this world.

People go out camping with less facilities than he's got and call it fun.

Playing games? Really showing a tremendous amount of initiative. Go get 'em killer. Put that 5 yr old mentality on high priority.

Maybe he is waiting to get his crap together after the next Prez is elected.

3. ElCubano

ElCubano

:D

4. lemme guess.his liscence plate was stktrdr3?

5. richie90

richie90

not many of you know what's it like to be without real roof over your head, but because lot of you voted Bush twice, you'll get a chance to find out [/B][/QUOTE]

ever thought because many of you DID NOT voted for Bush twice ... you will get a chance to find out?

6. I totally agree that Bush is an incompetent president, but I think our economic issues go beyond Bush and the Republican Party. It would be ridiculous to assume that a Democratic President would have avoided all of this, particurarly considering how the Democrats love to spend money on all sorts of programs.

Keynesian economics is behind our economic problems, and is utilized by both Republicans and Democrats. It does not make sense to spend money and increase the debt with the hope of saving the economy. There should be less spending and less regulation. The Austrian School of Economics is much more logical IMO. When Keyne's policies were introduced during the New Deal, it was probably the economic stimulus provided by WWII that saved this country from a depression rather than his theories.

7. Exactly. For all the bs about Keynes and FDR "saving" the U.S. from the Great Depression the fact is U.S. unemployment stood at over 14% when America entered (caused) WWll. A year later (1942) the U.S. jobless rate was under 2%..........

8. Where are you from? Chicago?

9. New York actually, and educated at a private liberal arts school in upstate NY (mostly pro-Democrats). I have heard that Chicago has a great University there too lol.

10. jd7419

jd7419

See the difference between you and me is that you think the president gives out hard work, personal responsibilty, and discipline. I don't give a rats ass who is president, I am going to work as hard as I can regardless.

#10     May 25, 2008