I have shorted 50 shares of Tesla at 407.00, do i hold or Short more ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TradeTune, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

As stated, I believe the market is heading down. However, you're stating several ifs need to occur. These ifs lead you to estimate a good probability of success, hence my point about probability not equaling absolutes. We say it regularly, probability doesn't mean for sure, and yet, when things dont pan out we are confused. That's my only point. Maybe your analysis is solid, however, if you're wrong and others are right that doesn't mean you were necessarily wrong. Only that probability went the other way.

#51     Sep 15, 2020
  2. Justrade

Justrade

good luck

#52     Sep 15, 2020
  3. I will hold to it longer than my girl friend. I just have 50 shares

#53     Sep 15, 2020
  4. lol

upload_2020-9-15_16-8-39.png

#54     Sep 15, 2020
    Tradex likes this.
  5. I meant intra day , That's weekly chart. Of course No one know where it will head, But Tesla has largest share of Short traders of any stock in the market.

#55     Sep 15, 2020
  6. Bugsy

Bugsy

That's not considered a good thing. In fact, it's usually considered a bad thing. It sets a stock up for a massive short squeeze. If everyone is already short then there is no one left to short it leaving it prime for bulls.

#56     Sep 15, 2020
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Shhhhhh, sit back and enjoy the show, if $550 gets hit he'll be down 7K, Trend is UP we've told him that.

NQ looks to be back in up trend aswell 11600 resistance then new highs in no time.

#57     Sep 15, 2020
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

LOL "trending down" intra-day ........ if you are standing on your head maybe.

#58     Sep 15, 2020
    Gaslight Capital likes this.
  9. And another gap up tomorrow it it can be trading at $500 to $555 or higher.

Tesla retraced not even 50% of its most recent move, met its 10 week or 50 day simple moving average, where institutions and funds find "value" what ever that is. The market closed with price on the 50 day SMA and immediately it was bought.

129165 $500 calls for Friday traded today. Let me ask you, how do market makers short calls hedge their book?

You have no edge on this bet.

upload_2020-9-15_17-38-28.png

#59     Sep 15, 2020
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Yep something is brewing. When

I shorted tsla early this year. Stock took off after I shorted it but held out almost adding more shares around 1000, long story short the stock collapsed in march and I closed it at a profit. From there it took off once again. Here we are again with the nasdaq having its rally time and tesla joining in. With the hype of battery day it may run higher but after it does it won't take much to once again see its valuation at extreme levels. This can easily fall hundreds of dollars just like it has run up hundreds of dollars. Too many people piling into this stock and only thinking it moves one way, as you can see how quick it went from 525+ to almost $300 in less than 2 weeks.

#60     Sep 15, 2020