I daytraded an S&P, just to try it, and I didn't liked it...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Jul 30, 2008.

1. My main source of trading income are position/swing trades on ETFs (SPY, DIA, DDM, USO).

Daytraded an ES just to try it, and I didn't liked...
    Altough losses were minimal ($900) for about two months, I don't think I would daytrade again, it's just too annoying.
    Besides, you tend to miss most of the big moves when daytrading.

Fortunately my long DDMs have almost compensated the loss in daytrading the ES.

2. What stops you from position/swing trading ES?

If you can position/swing trade ETFs, then you can position/swing trade ES.

3. Can you say what kind of method you were using? If you used technical indicators, did you change any of the settings for intraday trading?

4. Surdo

Surdo

You are in good company then!

5. I was DAYtrading the ES.

And swing/position trading the ETFs.

6. Scalpers usually commit suicide after about a month

7. some of them make 7 figures per year, every year. if you are good at it, direction means nothing, volatility means nothing.

no, i can't do it. Wish i could.

i do make my income day trading ES and a few other markets however. Just don't scalp.

8. I fully understood from your starting post what you did with ES and are doing with ETFs, hence my question.

So, I will try again with the question.

What stops you from position/swing trading ES?

If you can position/swing trade ETFs, then you can position/swing trade ES.

9. With ETFs: Generally speaking, during uptrends the stop is placed on the minimum of the previous day (often a reversal order too), or, if buying at the close on dips, about half the size of the candle of the plunge, of course the stop is BELOW the close.

With the ES: I was daytrading (usually trying to find channels), to catch small moves, usually only 3-4 points.