I can teach you to be profitable real quick.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by fordewind, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Imagine yourself being thrown on a desert island. You have that small deposit in your account. Once a day, during the year, you should pay for at least $100, to get out. If your not or blow your deposit out - your being left there on your own (which means - DEAD).

Now, under those conditions, ask yourself what setup, indicator, timeframe, etc, etc... you`d start to trade right away to achieve that?Write down your first thought.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2016
  2. 8 ema 20 ema 50 ma 200ma

fordewind likes this.
  3. speedo

speedo

My first thought is you are very naive. There are no shortcuts.

Spooz Top 2, louis_w, slugar and 2 others like this.
  4. Genius! Why didn't I think of this myself?

Rationalize likes this.
  5. J_Smith

J_Smith

NONE !

J_S

6. My first thought was another vagilicious douchiary post at ET

NoBias, Handle123 and Clubber Lang like this.
  7. J_Smith

J_Smith

There are actually, but the problem is most will not be able to do it, no matter how easy it is - reason is obvious to those who know, a mystery to those who do not!

J_S

8. imo, anyone who is in that kind of situation while still thinking about how to do trading well should be ...

Anyone else who suggests the above-mentioned person not to learn how to survive well but to learn how to do trading well ...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  9. I don't think your idea works. There were no shortcuts on that. All you need to do is to stay quick and learn. Work harder!

10. Under those extreme conditions...I'd be a diversified Buy-N-Hold investor in quality companies.
    You have to be very risk averse in this situation...because the downside... is death. o_O:confused:

...kind of a horrible trading analogy though, if that's the point you're trying to emphasise...

#10     Jul 4, 2016
    VPhantom, fordewind and Gotcha like this.