I am officially running for POTUS as a Democrat in 2024

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kmgilroy89, Jun 25, 2022.

1. I registered with the FEC earlier this month and I've only shared this with some friends so far. I've been on this forum for over a decade so I thought I'd share with you guys. I have a whole channel if people are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAJtWxRJZTSw6t6Q4hH3shw/videos

I'm realistic that the odds are stacked against me: I'm not a good speaker as you'll see in this video, 99.9999% of the country has never heard of me, and I have no political experience. That said, I think running for President is the most productive/logical way for me to bring the changes I want to see in how the country/world is run in the shortest amount of time. More important than any one political position is making the country run more efficiently. I would like to see a politics where debate is based on facts, logic, reason, and critical thinking. This seems to be in complete contrast to what I see from our current politicians who're just throwing out platitudes and constantly appealing to emotion.

Flame away, I'm used to it. Maybe some of you will end up voting for me though!

2. You won't see it in these videos, but I'm much better debating than I am making these unprepared videos where I give thoughts on the issues off the top of my head. In real life I will have more facts in front of me as well as more expert opinions from all sides to better inform my positions/decisions on the issues. All the videos on this channel are basically me thinking through the subjects out loud. I have enough humility to understand how much I don't know on all of them and how much there is to learn.

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Get rid of the NY hat and get a hat from one of the Florida professional sports teams...it should earn you some extra votes from the Florida base. :sneaky:

By the way, you sound good. Good luck.

wrbtrader

4. I'm originally from Newtown, CT (about an hour from NYC). Most of the teams down here weren't even around when I was born lol. Thanks!

5. exGOPer

exGOPer

Shouldn't you start at the local level and demonstrate a track record of achieving change instead of shooting for the top post without having anything to show for.

6. You. Will. Not. Win. against Joe Biden and Donald Trump.
    You look like you can't manage a Taco Bell, you look like you would get lost driving a UPS truck, how would you manage and run a country,
    The White House janitor probably speaks better than you.

The chances of you running for President....are the same chances....of ten random people on this ET site becoming millionaires from trading,

7. Others have suggested that. My goal isn't to be a politician. It's to change the system. If I become POTUS, great! I think running for POTUS, win or lose, is the quickest way to achieve that. I think Bernie changed the Democratic Party more running for POTUS than he ever did as a senator. We'll see how far this goes...

Tony Stark likes this.
  8. Well, I'm one of the ten already lol. Trading is slower now than last year though, good time to run for POTUS!

9. OK, USA"

...tHIS GUY, has more chances...of running for POTUS than you,

You have Zero charm. Zero confidence. Zero charisma. Zero likability.

10. Well, you're wrong. There's a 100% chance I'm running for POTUS. I already am. At this point I can only suspend my campaign.

#10     Jun 25, 2022