I am new ..need advice ...which broker..which charting software

Discussion in 'Trading' started by curiousv, Sep 30, 2018.

1. curiousv

curiousv

I know a little bit about trading..
    I have robinhood account which I have never used.

I noticed robinhood web version does not have good charting software ..i.e. no indicators etc. ( I am not comfortable using smartphone app)

so can I use some other charting software that is either free or inexpensive?

If yes which software or website your recommended for my charting need?

My plan is to use third party charting software and place trades on robinhood..
    Please advise

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

NinjaTrader is fantastic and free up until you need to make a trade. Then you need to pay, but it is dirt cheap with life time license slightly over 1k or monthly lease like $50.

3. curiousv

curiousv

Thanks...so correct me if I am wrong...
    You are saying on a side I can use ninjatrader for free and get clues from ninjatrader and place trade on robinhood correct? I am bit confused here because when I went to their download link ...it says for free ..one needs to have funded account.
    I also heard about thinkorswim from ameritrade...can I use that for charting need for free and place trades on robinhood?

4. silver182

silver182

Great place...$97.00 per month..stop & start service anytime. Suggests using Robinhood..more to the use of Robinhood than meets the eye.
    https://wallstreet.io
    https://wallstreet.io/blog/will-aapl-break-out-now-or-later-18812

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  5. drm7

drm7

Tradingview is free (with the option to upgrade for more features) and is web-based. You can use the chart to set up your trades and execute on Robinhood if you want.

6. imjohn

imjohn

Yes. The requirements for accessing Thinkorswim is just opening a live account with TD. You don't need to keep it funded. You will still receive live market data (for stocks, futures, etc.) and can access historical data using the "On demand" feature.

7. Personally I use mt4 and Hugosway as I like high leverage and I trade Crypto as well as Forex

8. cafeole

cafeole

No really true. After a few months with no funding they delete your account.

9. silver182

silver182

Open a TD Ameritrade account fund it with min $25,000 and your ready. $25,000 is the min for day trading status....you'll get there if you can keep the 25 grand balance...good luck!

I do believe you can just open an account & you'll have all the services of your web site account..I,m not sure about the "Stink-or-Swim" software..notice the name I have assigned to it...witch is no help what-so-ever when it comes to making money. It is a complex platform has all the bells & whistles..but that is all it is.

Every time you log on to "Stink-or-Swim" the damn program has to update...does that tell you something..

10. imjohn

imjohn

My ToS account has not been funded for 2 years. I logged in today and had access to live market data. I've never received any notifications or warnings about a pending deletion.

The above poster discussed the ToS log on updates. I notice this also. It usually fires up within a minute, but every now and again it takes 5-10 minutes. If ToS was my primary trading platform, as a precaution, I would be sure to get logged in at least 15-20 minute prior to a trading session.

#10     Oct 1, 2018