I am bored of small wins. Would it be dumb to risk more to make it rich?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Steven W, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Steven W

Steven W

I am up 130k for the year but not a millionaire yet. Trading feels boring to me. 1k a day feels like a grind. Would it be foolish to bet more to make 30k a day or so? There have been many times I have been kicking myself for not being greedy

jl1575 likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

The info you gave is insufficient.
    As such, your question cannot be answered.

3. Why aren't you scaling with your account size?

4. Steven W

Steven W

Account value is around 400k but I risk only 10k per plays. Was wondering to increase it to 100k or so since I realized at this rate I will never be rich.

Just wondering if anyone was in my shoes before and it paid off for them to take bigger risks

5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

The transition to bigger size has to be gradual. You have to see the effect on your psychology as you add size.
    You cant dive into a pool one day, and the next day jumps from cliffs into the ocean.
    Exercise patience because the market has the ability to take it all away.

6. EsKiller

EsKiller

its funny, I've always been the exact opposite. I always tried to make enough to be comfortable but not push the limits. Rich has never been a goal of mine. What markets are you trading ?

tommcginnis likes this.
  7. Steven W

Steven W

Just regular equities. Shorting stocks and longing stocks with the most volatility

8. heispark

heispark

No one knows better yourself. I think the answer is Yes because you asked this low level question to a public forum.......... o_O

9. Steven W

Steven W

Shots fired I think lol. Just wanted to hear opinions of people who bet big and lost a lot to persuade me not to before I do it on monday

10. Handle123

Handle123

Increase size by what you view as laughable amount, 10% or 20%, an amount where it is like the feeling of getting an extra slice of a pickle in your burger. If you keep doing well, in a month increase same percentage.

#10     Jun 24, 2019