I am bearish on gold

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by nitetrader, Sep 18, 2007.

1. How can i profit?
    I don't have a margin account so I cannot short
    Not familiar with futures except for options.

Cheers

2. buy a put option

gld

----Sell---- ---Buy---
    69.6062 ------ 62.8272
    71.0969 ------ 61.3377
    72.5876 ------ 59.8483
    ------
    Date ------ 1/4/2008

I am selling it at those prices with an increase of 1 lot each

3. You can buy XAU gold stock index put options. It's based on gold mine stocks which have a decent (but not 1:1 !) correlation with physical gold prices.

4. loza

loza Guest

I do not mean to be personal here but your opinions are worthless. Not just yours but in general. Traders, punters, ALL ET crawlers have their opinions, ideas and feelings. Most of it does not amount to be a pile of dogshit. If you have learned anything on browsing ET should be that all these whining, unemployed, short term daytraders are losers and trend following with some prudent measures of risk management skills will take home the cake. Even if you aspire to be a short term trader you would be better off waiting for the correction in gold and scalp it with the general direction of the trend! Do the opposite of this if you hate money. Look at the facts, the chart and act on the facts, not some bullshit feelings or trying to pick any top or bottom. Doing this is the elementary folly of any novice and uninitiated newbie. This is not fucking walmart where we buy cheap, the markers reward buyers who have the balls to buy expensive and sell even higher. Any f'ing moron would say I think this and this is too expensive but usually they do not know shit. If something sells for $700 an ounce who the fuck are you to tell the market that you think it's only worth $400? They will eat you alive and crap you out before you even notice, newbie!

5. Psst...hey, lunatic. All the OP asked was how he could short gold. The followups were just letting him know how to do it.

Try decaf.

6. loza

loza Guest

you are right my esteemed friend.
    PUTS=short view
    CALLS=long view of the market. Good luck, newbie.
    Ivanovitch, are you short crude by some chance?

P.S.
    Incidentally, I had best intentions at heart with my post, when my kid rides his bike without a helmet on I usually tell him why a helmet is a good idea. You asswipes just tell the shorts are puts and hope to take the poor guy's trades, otherwise you could not make a living, fucking jackals.

7. You've got issues.

8. Cool, as long as it's not personal. :p

Not just yours but in general. Traders, punters, ALL ET crawlers have their opinions, ideas and feelings. Most of it does not amount to be a pile of dogshit. If you have learned anything on browsing ET should be that all these whining, unemployed, short term daytraders are losers [/QUOTE]

So many posters here say that ET posters are pikers, losers, liars, etc.

I input this in my bot-

It came out ET posters are liars - but an ET poster made this statement - so ET posters are truthful (bot starts smoking) ad nauseum.

9. Loza...a little harsh I think

having a bad day ?

The OP asked a simple question and others replied

....not upto us to advise him on the markets and each unto their own view I think....

If everyone had the same view this game wouldnt be much fun would it

#10     Sep 18, 2007