How's that Bond Short working out for ya?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by lrm21, Dec 4, 2008.

1. lrm21

lrm21

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_HdxLU91PU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_HdxLU91PU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. clacy

clacy

I guess that's what happens when you try to pick tops/bottoms.

3. When the bonds crash, all the paper traders will come out telling us about the score they made.

4. I consider not getting caught short on this month long run-up one of the luckiest decisions of my life. Prior to the election I was short ZB futures, short ZB calls and long ZB puts. I was in the midst of really putting the hammer down. It was only because of my bearishness on stocks that I covered (116 to 117) and I've resisted the impulse to short Treasuries ever since. I know a CBOT trader who was worth 8 figures 6 weeks ago and is now broke....

5. He might have been worth 8 figures but not worth much as a risk manager.

Don't these people know markets are freaking crazy and will rip them a new one at a moments notice?

6. no guts, no glory. probably by taking excessive risks the dude got to 8 figures in the first place.

7. LMAO!!! :cool:

8. Cutten

Cutten

My puts expired worthless and I lost about 1% on the trade.

“It's not whether you're right or wrong, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong.” - George Soros

9. "“It's not whether you're right or wrong, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong.” and how often it happens " -RFT from RFT's financialtraders blog.

(Soros's need to complete his education...)

#10     Dec 9, 2008