How would you trade this?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by nooby_mcnoob, Apr 19, 2019.

Will this guy ever find something that doesn't suck

1. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Probably not

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I've got an algorithm that intends to predict trends ~ N bars in the future. It works sometimes (maybe 50/50?). I'm not sure how to trade it. I've attached median % returns N bars after entering a long trade for each month/currency in 2019. I also uploaded random months in 2017 to show that the behaviour hasn't really changed.

Would you trade this? How would you trade it?

The problem I have is trying to figure out where I would put my stop loss/take profit. I know for sure I would exit after N bars if neither were hit.

Thanks!

Edit: there used to be a way to include all images inline so you could easily click through, but it doesn't seem to be possible anymore.

2. MACD

MACD

Snuskpelle and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

How would you trade this?

I would certainly start with something that I could not match with a 50|50 fair coin.

Then I would post 1 relevant graph -- one with both x and y axes labeled and enumerated.

If I really cared about my ET friends, I would run a simple correlation on each of those sub-graphs to the others, and post that, too.

Cuz right now, there is so much missing from this post, I think ol' Noobs has been hittin' a fatty for Four-Twenty......

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. 100% thanks for the feedback :)

Nobert likes this.