how would you play this? breakout / pullback / other?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Growly, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Growly

Growly

upload_2018-8-14_22-16-13.png
    I'm shopping for opinions / insights.
    I do not intend to trade it with real $$$, so feel free to be objective, no repercussions will ensue.
    given the triangle above, should it break to the upside, what the best risk/reward move?
    Don't think it a long play at all? i wanna hear!
    lemme have it all.
    Appreciate all and any input.

2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

you had two chances to buy it lower and you waited for it to prove to you what it was going to do. now you are going to get your ass hammered buying a high that is going to shake you out and cause you pain that you deserve. next time buy it low on percent r signal.

Growly and treeman like this.
  3. If it breaks to the upside, mortgage your house and buy all the shares listed a la Duke & Duke and ride the stock higher until you are a millionaire.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. monet

monet

Hi Growly,

It might break out, or down, or go sideways. I don't see a reason to buy or sell today.

That $35 level seems significant.

If we're talking holding for several days, I'd sit on my hands at this point in time. If an intraday trade for tomorrow or options, then maybe a different answer (from someone else).

Growly likes this.
  5. That'd be just great.... unless he gets "Beeked", of course.

6. JSOP

JSOP

:D:D:D LOL

7. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

I have to agree with El here. If this thing breaks, get your friends, family and neighbors money and buy as much as you can. You should be a millionaire by next Friday. Just make sure to not forget about me when you have your yacht party with strippers and $10k bottles of champagne.

Growly likes this.
  8. Growly

Growly

Awesome answer. educate me! where would you have bought it? i admit i WAS tempted to get it when it bounced of the triangle trend line, but hesitated. was that your chosen point of entry?

MarkBrown likes this.
  9. Growly

Growly

I agree, today isn't an entry point. i'll rephrase my question: given this chart, do u find any interest to trade it should X happen? would you have traded it long or short prior to today?

10. Oh....picked up some calls on that into the close--the Sept $37s (0.46)...was playing this on its last test of this level...some early call buying here suggesting it may go higher (and especially if it gets some market tail winds)

#10     Aug 14, 2018
    Growly likes this.