How traders are adapting to life off the trading floor in a global pandemic

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mfocus, May 2, 2020.

1. mfocus

mfocus

Nobert likes this.
  2. jalal00

jalal00

1. Hi, how can you save your business from many fake companies distributed over China? I’m going to deal with a Chinese company, not sure of its legality.

3. Nobert

Nobert

,,Key Points
    • Traders have had to adjust their day-to-day as the coronavirus outbreak forces many to work from home.''

Those floors were already ,,empty'', people in there, spend their time as symbols/icons of the past.
    A man with a paper sheet and pen, will never again compete, against the things like HFT's 87 000 000 trades per second.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    1957may10 likes this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

that's interesting article.

------------------------------------- quote ----------------------
    However, he suggested that there is still some way to go in ensuring that work-from-home networks will not disadvantage traders in an industry in which “microseconds matter.”

“Can I get advantage by being able to execute my trade a few microseconds before the other guy and make a penny either way on the side of the transaction?” he said.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder how the trade-at-home traders can overcome this lagging problem.

Last Friday during US session, my charting software freezed for a few seconds.
    And last Friday, volume was relatively low compare with what happened few weeks ago.

You can't earn $$$ when the lag is so bad.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  5. Dude, change your platform or comp. I did not have any issues from my basement office.
    As of Friday it was a great opportunity I was shorting and bought gold (stock) .
    Bought on Thursday and Sold on Friday.
    Low volume, sure it was controlled downturn. Hate to make predictions but Monday may be green. Just correction...

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

7. mfocus

mfocus

Speaking of which, anyone tuning into the Berkshire 'live' broadcast today 4pm EST? Available on Yahoo Finance.