How to win an argument with a Christian

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Feb 20, 2010.

1. If you are an atheist, chances are you have backed at least one of these arguments. Enjoy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ohg6o3RniNc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ohg6o3RniNc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Another perspective

<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wV_REEdvxo&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wV_REEdvxo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

3. too bad that guy makes assumptions that are not true. He says there is no evidence for a creator, yet there is nothing but evidence for a creator. Why doesnt this guy use the very logic he is talking about. Its like giving the guy a sandwich and him saying there is no evidence that anyone made that sandwich because it was already there when he got there. If subatomic particles can eventually find their way into making something as complex as a human being, why cant they make something as easy as a sandwich? Oh because you need someone intelligent to make the sandwich!

I dont know how you atheists can think lifeless atoms are "smart" enough to figure out how to create things like the sun, planets, animals, flora, ect. Where did those atoms get the "brains" to do all that? Where did they get the will? They just slammed into each other and formed everything that we have today? Hey, maybe if i get a pencil, water, and a lightbulb and slam them together, they will form something else...like a gold bar, a cricket, or who knows what else. (sounds pretty stupid doesnt it?) I rest my case.

4. There is evidence of the creator? Your evidence is that since intelligent things exist so there must be a creator? What about the creator, where did he come from? Suddenly out of nowhere a creator magically appears and decides to make a sandwich? :confused:

5. Yet you seem to be OK with a sandwich appearing out of nowhere, with no concern of how it got there. Pot, meet kettle. Round and round we go. Weeeeeeee!

6. stu

stu

You can't imagine particles out of nowhere, but you can imagine an invisible sky pixie out of nowhere?
    Apparently you prefer a pretend sandwich, made contradictorily, by an imaginary Goblin for which there are no ingredients.

7. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5j2F4VcBmeo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5j2F4VcBmeo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Libtards can't handle the truth.
    They avoid it ... and deflect versus own any accountability for error.

Their mockery of what is right and good is the key to exposing them.

Mockers hate the truth, they hate being accountable, they continuously lie and vaunt
    their deceptive liberal agendas as though God doesn't see everything they do in secret.

Well ... God does see everything … their actions and words are accounted for and are being measured by the truth.

Ps 1:1
    BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man
    -- who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes],
    -- nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk,
    -- nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.

one hermit mocker ... on ignore.

8. Wallet

Wallet

If you define everything existing/physical as inside a box, then the logic and understanding to explain "all" has to found inside the box as well. But you cannot answer the question how everything inside the box came into being, using inside the box knowledge, without it being placed there.

Being placed there implies that there has to be something outside the box. Without placing a label on it, the mere fact that we exist (in opposition to our own logic), implies there's something else outside our understanding.

9. stu

stu

This is known of ...how exactly?
    You can't understand how the box could form itself without outside help, but you think outside help could form itself. !!?

You've set up a strawman to make a baseless implication. Why do that ?

Doesn't the story have it that The Great Goblin of the Galaxy would have come from nothing, or was eternal ? But there is no Goblin, no firm evidence of one, nor any clue as to what or where in reality the thing might be.

There is on the other hand , overwhelming evidence and fact in reality, that provides substantial knowledge and understanding of how particles come into existence spontaneously, from nowhere, the role they have in forming a universe, human beings and sandwiches.

Particles are actually doing what it seems some wish a Sky Fairy could.

10. Wallet

Wallet

Wrong, Theory. While some experiments would lead to that conclusion, the spontaneous creation of particles is believed, but cannot be fully explained.

You argue that since we do not know the box fully we cannot know if it created itself. That's just as much speculation on your part than believing the opposite. You put all your belief in science to explain ( which it cannot fully) as the believer puts on a divine creator (which you say cannot fully explain).

When I sit here sipping my glass of iced tea, it seems simple to me to understand it was created rather than it created itself.

There is no straw man argument here, your basis is incomplete.The box has yet to answer how it creates itself, which when viewed simply is absurd. I'm not trying to argue the identity of the outside force that created the box, just that the contents of the box had to have originated outside of itself.

Tell me that in some other dimension the entire mass of the universe was condensed into a singularity opening up a riff in some space time fabric spilling out into our own, anything, just don't try to explain that matter creating itself from nothing is the origin of the universe.

One of the ways I know the Bible is true is the perpetual attempt of the world to promote the exact opposite as the truth.

Everything the Bible puts forth as the way things are, mankind tries to promote the opposite. No other religion is attacked in this manner. But you bring up the name Jesus, and people go crazy.

The universe created itself, hahahahahahah

#10     Feb 20, 2010