How to practice trading when market is not open at that point

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderwald, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

How can one practice trading (Equity Index Futs) when the exchange is closed say for the weekend of some other holiday ?

I have IB TWS and AMP Multicharts with CQG accounts for trading.

Thank you

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  3. chart pig

chart pig

Read. Human psychology. Simple heuristics. Read. You will find out sooner or later that you are trading against yourself. That's the game.

4. chart pig

chart pig

Yes. And take it very seriously because your behavior will change when money is involved.

padutrader likes this.
  5. padutrader

padutrader

pepperstone has a trading sim that allows you to practice ; you can adjust the speed of market replay also

6. GotherL

GotherL

padutrader likes this.
  7. 20% in fees? You should get a broker to sponsor you!

8. GotherL

GotherL

I have an account with tradezero so I just used their 0.005 per share calculation. They've free trades if you add liquidity but I rarely do that anyways. Realistically my fees will probably go down to about 15%.

9. You can as well try the virtual platform to practice trade without any time limitation.

10. Carlll

Carlll

You can use the indicators on the charts while the market is close as the charts are of brief history of the price action of the typical currency pair. You can study these charts deeply on the weekends when market is closed. History is a great teacher on the forex market!

#10     Sep 27, 2018