how to obtain audit of my trading account

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by billpritjr, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Hello

Can anyone shed some light on how I can obtain a performance audit of my personal brokerage account ?

Thank You

2. gkishot

gkishot

?

3. sorry, independent, outside 3rd party audit. who would then issue a letter or document reflecting my performance.

4. SIUYA

SIUYA

write a letter to Bernie and ask him for recommendation of an accountant?

You should be able to ask an accountant or specifically an auditor to do this. Ideally one who is recognized for this which will cost more money, but if you re using this for credibility that what you are paying for. Shop around as prices will likely vary as to what is required.
    Often this is done throughout the year by an independent custodian and administrator and then this is audited at the end of the year. Expensive and not practical.

In your case who is the audit for?

5. gkishot

gkishot

Maybe for potential subscribers on personal website?

6. Have you asked your certified public accountant?

He has all your Broker statements and tax documents. ie. 1099, 1256, 8949 etc...

Have him certify an audit.

If you don't have one, find one and provide him with the appropriate documents.

CPA isn't going to risk his license and certify a fraudulent audit for a couple of hundred dollars.

Should be good enough for most purposes. If it isn't ask the entity what is acceptable.

Just noticed SIUYA said basically the same thing.

7. zdreg

zdreg

"CPA isn't going to risk his license and certify a fraudulent audit for a couple of hundred dollars. " I am not going to debate fees with you.

your answer is convoluted and wrong.

to eliminate the possibility of fraud, contact your brokerage with a request for duplicate account records to be send directly to your accountant.

8. Pretty much what I meant, provide the CPA access to the required documents. He will state what he needs and method of delivery. As I would expect anyone requesting the Audit would also state.

9. "Couple of hundred"? Better plan on $5,000, or more for a CPA audit. That's what they cost years ago when I was required to provide annual ones to the revenooers.

I never thought they were worth that kind of money, but they feel some vulnerability when they sign off... always the potential of fraud should they have been duped, you know.... and they want to be compensated for the perceived risk.

10. zdreg

zdreg

"pretty much" like almost only counts in game of horse shoes.

#10     Jan 16, 2014