How To Beat The Machines

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by marketsurfer, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Greetings,

In my absence from elitetrader, I decided to write a small book on what I have learned over the last 25 years of hands on market participation. Having condensed the knowledge that has enabled me to be ranked/verified within the top 8% of over 10,000 published stock experts over the last 5 years into an easy to read and understand book.https://www.tipranks.com/bloggers/david-goodboy

Geared toward noobs, obviously if you are making a consistent killing year after year, you don't need the book-- save your money! However, if you are like most investors struggling to make a profit in this new age of trading against the machine, the book can be invaluable.

Enjoy!
    Surf
    www.beatthemachines.com

pstrusi likes this.
  2. speedo

speedo

:rolleyes: :D

Xela likes this.
  3. They missed this one...

Surf "We have shorted the DJIA at 19730 via March YM expecting 500 points downside here here."

Dec 12, 2016

4. upload_2017-2-13_11-40-17.png

S&P 500 annualized return since 2009, with dividends reinvested is 15%

If you like underperforming the market...

Surf always said you had to expose the vendors and wannabees

SunTrader likes this.
  5. toc

toc

The above link says 63% of picks would have made averge 8.1% return.

It does not mention average returns in total. They might be less or more than S&P. It's for marketsurfer to clearify himself.

6. Actually it says:
    "If you copied David Goodboy's recommendations since 2012 and opened each position for the duration of 1 Year, then 63% of your transactions would have been profitable with an average return of 8.4% over No Benchmark."

37% would have been losses so total return would be dragged down and still well below the 14-15% annual rate of return of the S&P even since 2012. Why make 8% on 63% of your portfolio and net out a lower return when losses are factored in when you could have bought S&P and made double digit returns.

7. Surf, from your website: is that your Ferrari?

[​IMG]

And are those VN's hand-me-downs you're wearing? :D

P.S. You married up, I see. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Ninja likes this.
  8. Why are you so hard on this guy? The book is titled "beat the machines" not "beat the S&P 500". One time I had a really bad trade and I beat the machine also....then I had to go buy a new keyboard and monitor!

shatteredx and marketsurfer like this.
  9. upload_2017-2-13_13-43-27.jpeg

A breakthrough?

marketsurfer and Chris Mac like this.
  10. Now that is a person who clearly knows how to beat the machines!

#10     Feb 13, 2017