How much was your highest intraday trading profit?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 100mcxtips, Sep 26, 2018.

1. I really want to know the amount of profit you are making out of intraday trading.

2. schweiz

schweiz

Oh boy...

We don't need exact amounts, you can give round figures, like 1 million, 2 million, 10 million...
    Soon we will know the truth. :D
    LOL.

CSEtrader likes this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

people getting interesting ...

better go by number of digits.
    Is it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 .... digits per day ?

Next question will be
    HOW much $$$ have lost from trading so far?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    ElectricSavant and CSEtrader like this.
  4. PistolPete

PistolPete

ScreenShot1188.jpg

Reptile8 and comagnum like this.
  5. _eug_

_eug_

You should make this into an anonymous poll. I'm guessing most will be somewhere in the 4 digits if trading futures.

6. Its totally depends upon what amount you invest, I am making profit of rupees 1000 max.

zdreg likes this.
  7. d08

d08

$25k or so in a stock that was in the news. But what does it matter, it's how much you keep not how much you make in a day.

comagnum likes this.
  8. I think the interesting question would be how often do you have a biggest day ever, and how much larger is it than your previous? Doubling up an account once in 1987 is a heck of a lot less impressive than consistently setting new records for biggest day ever.

CSEtrader likes this.
  9. _eug_

_eug_

Ive also had a 5 figure gain on a stock that gapped up 30% on earnings. Not doing that anymore though.

10. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

My best day of trading was in August of 2007. My trading account was down $85,000 after an issues with my automated trading system-I was an option market maker, making markets in 12 options, one was RIMM. When my PC froze, the stock dropped 4 points and I bought 65,000 deltas with DITM calls and some puts when the stock was around 235ish. Basically, my markets went 5 points wide but all my markets did not move. 100D calls and puts were not moving with the stock.

I ended the day with a profit of $15,000 and my EOD postions looked like reversals on many strikes. (I had to hedge all the calls I bought and puts I sold with selling stock). It took about an hour for the stock to retrace the drop. When the interest and margin cost were all charged over 3 months, I broke even on this $17mm position. That was very scary vs the size of my account.

Sometimes our best days are avoiding bad situations. I have a few other days like this where I started the day with a large loss but recovered by staying in the game and not panicking.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    #10     Sep 26, 2018
    Onra, Veagle, QuasWexExort and 6 others like this.