How many houses do you own??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Aug 22, 2008.

1. And I'll bet he earned or his wife earned every one. That word earn -- the most loaded word in the english language. Can't remember how many houses he owns? Did he think he was testifying before Congress? Yea, I'm just jealous. When you use that argument you have to put your hand on your hip when you recite it. Out of touch at a worth of over 100 million dollars and can't begin to know what the middle class is going through and the cost of heating homes this winter isn't even factored into the indignation yet. Obama will raise taxes? Shut up.

2. What do you think McCain earned when he was 44, 45, and 46? What was navy pay for a Lt. Cmdr? A Senate Liason? Obama earned 5 million. So what?

So McCain is rich. If there's a 100mm dollar lotto jackpot, the assholes will line up around the block in a typhoon to buy a ticket w 30mm to 1 odds. But they won't work for it, will they? So they aspire to be like people they hate.

McCain got his the American way. He married it. Obama got his the Chicago way. Politics.

Now, what's yer point? It's a Capitalistic Society. There are wealthy people. So what? The idea a guy 72 wants to subject himself to this aggravation is beyond me. But no one can question his and his family service to country. What's the other guy done?

An d BTW. Talk to any combat Viet Vet. One of my friends told me a story. After jump school, the fellows all lined up for their orders. They'd call out 20 names followedd by 'Vietnam". Then, they'd call a guy, an officer, and say, Pentagon. The guy told me, "Senator's son." McCain could easily get Jack out of Combat. But 19 year old Jack served as a Marine grunt in Iraq.

McCain asks for no favors. And he's the only one who is even willing to reach across the isle. I hope he picks Joe Lieberman. Maybe we can get something done without the tree huggers and Evangellists ruining it for everyone.

3. Ruining what, killing civilian women and children -- collarteral damage so multi national defense contractors can reap billions in contracts. Reach across the aisle? You mean like Newt did? Republicans only want to dictate like the puppets they and the CIA install in banana republics. Its time to start redistributing wealth downwards instead of upwards as has been being done. What a great story that was. I bet the hillbilly couldn't wait to get over there and kill somethin. Serve my country when someone is at our doorstep not on the other side of the world untill then take your thumbs out of your suspenders.

4. :) I can't tell if you're joking or not with your statement.

(By the way, Obama earned his money well before he entered politics, and through writing books.)

:) Okay, you're being sarcastic I think. McCain may have asked for no favors, but anyone else, who isn't the son of an admiral, doesn't get to destroy two planes, forget five planes, in succession and get to keep flying.

5. Say, wasn't the Second Coming of Christ a US Senator in November of last year?

The Audacity of Hope
    Written by Barack Obama
    Format: Trade Paperback
    ISBN: 9780307237705
    Our Price: $14.95

The Audacity of Hope
    Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
    Written by Barack Obama

Format: Trade Paperback, 384 pages
    On Sale: November 6, 2007
    Price: $14.95

“A government that truly represents these Americans–that truly serves these Americans–will require a different kind of politics. That politics will need to reflect our lives as they are actually lived. It won’t be pre-packaged, ready to pull off the shelf. It will have to be constructed from the best of our... Read more

There are opinions, and facts. If you're going to site facts to back up opinions, check them.

6. This is what happens when one drinks too much and then they attack the keyboard with a flurry of dis-continuousness thoughts.

QUOTE]Quote from flytiger:

What do you think McCain earned when he was 44, 45, and 46? What was navy pay for a Lt. Cmdr? A Senate Liason? Obama earned 5 million. So what?

So McCain is rich. If there's a 100mm dollar lotto jackpot, the assholes will line up around the block in a typhoon to buy a ticket w 30mm to 1 odds. But they won't work for it, will they? So they aspire to be like people they hate.

McCain got his the American way. He married it. Obama got his the Chicago way. Politics.

Now, what's yer point? It's a Capitalistic Society. There are wealthy people. So what? The idea a guy 72 wants to subject himself to this aggravation is beyond me. But no one can question his and his family service to country. What's the other guy done?

An d BTW. Talk to any combat Viet Vet. One of my friends told me a story. After jump school, the fellows all lined up for their orders. They'd call out 20 names followedd by 'Vietnam". Then, they'd call a guy, an officer, and say, Pentagon. The guy told me, "Senator's son." McCain could easily get Jack out of Combat. But 19 year old Jack served as a Marine grunt in Iraq.

McCain asks for no favors. And he's the only one who is even willing to reach across the isle. I hope he picks Joe Lieberman. Maybe we can get something done without the tree huggers and Evangellists ruining it for everyone.
    [/QUOTE]

7. No,
    WASHINGTON — Senator Barack Obama released his 2007 tax return on Wednesday evening, reporting a household income of $4.2 million due to a sharp increase in the sales of his books during the first year of his presidential campaign.

So, "Dreams" was written in '95, but re-released when he was a Senator, and the other was written while he was a Senator. When does he do Senator stuff? When does he serve the Nation, or do we serve him?

Thank god the Country has caught on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/17/us/politics/17obama.html?fta=y

8. Not even a little apology? Here's what I wrote: "(By the way, Obama earned his money well before he entered politics, and through writing books.)"

As for Obama not having the time, what with his running the printing presses to reprint his old books, and personally driving the trucks that distribute them, I have no idea when he does the Senator stuff.

Thank God the country is catching on that it doesn't need some truck driving, printer-press running senator in charge. Like McCain, who has written six books.

9. But McCain read one first.

#10     Aug 23, 2008