How many ES traders take Friday off?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 27, 2018.

How many ES traders take Friday off?

1. Take Friday off

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Do not take Friday off

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  3. Work a shorter day on Friday

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. How many ES traders take Friday off or work a shorter day?

ES

2. speedo

speedo

Today has been the best trading day of the week, you never know when a day or two will make your week.

greg500, volente_00, Pekelo and 3 others like this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Only if the Friday is a holiday, illness, planned vacation or kids Friday night football (gotta go to the tailgate party).

speedo likes this.
  4. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I agree, this was one of the funnier days of this week :)

5. SunTrader

SunTrader

I'd trade Saturdays if there was something moving besides the cryptos.

6. I like to stop entering at around 2:45 PM CST to get flat and quit my day at 3:15 PM CST. Sometimes after dinner I might look at the night session.

ES

7. cafeole

cafeole

I don't trade ES but here is my take anyway. If I am looking for good days to trade, I look to trade every day. Today was a good day to trade. If I am looking to take a day off, I don't care what day it is, I take the day off.

Pekelo and speedo like this.
  8. Is trading generally better on Friday like today?

ES

9. SunTrader

SunTrader

No. Generally speaking Tues-Thurs are "best".

10. renko76

renko76

the eminis do not have a bad day . only opportunites each day. the longer you play the game the easier each day is. many years seen, you start to see the light. up down sideways all tradable. buy dips and sell rallies. the shorter the chart the more junk u see. the reason 95% lose in this business is the time based charts and the inability to sacrifice years of study and loss. time based charts teeny bar followed by ginormous bar kills all who attempt the losing game. find a price based chart ……...price paints money. lines print lines. time based chart gives on golden piece of info ? what time it is> lol

#10     Jul 28, 2018