How low can AP go?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ang_99, Sep 4, 2009.

1. hughb

hughb

Hmmm, well I went to search AP in order to defend them because I was sure I would find many stories covering Van Jones. Actually, I found only one, and it is a very short and very soft story. It does not go into detail at all.

Print Back to story

White House tight-lipped about Obama adviser
    Fri Sep 4, 5:24 pm ET

WASHINGTON – The White House is taking a mostly tight-lipped stance on an environmental adviser who made inflammatory statements in the past and is linked to efforts suggesting a governmental role in the 2001 terror attacks.

Van Jones, an administration official specializing in environmentally friendly "green jobs," issued a statement of apology on Thursday. When asked on Friday whether President Barack Obama still had confidence in him, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said only that Jones "continues to work in the administration."

Gibbs then referred to Jones' own statement.

The matter surfaced after news reports of a derogatory comment Jones had made in the past about Republicans, and separately, of Jones' name appearing on a petition connected to the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks. That 2004 petition had asked for congressional hearings and other investigations into whether high-level government officers had allowed the Sept. 11 attacks to occur.

Jones flatly said in his statement that he did not agree with the petition's stand and that "it certainly does not reflect my views, now or ever."

As for his other comments he made before joining Obama's team, Jones said: "If I have offended anyone with statements I made in the past, I apologize."

2. hughb

hughb

If MSNBC is covering Van Jones, they have it buried. It does not appear on the home page top stories or the politics section. That's kind of odd, the SF Gate has a story and an editorial on it, but then again it's local up there.

I tend to think the Van Jones story is almost as newsworthy as Obama's former pastor, it should be getting more coverage than it is right now because he may be getting fired over this.

Fox has one story on it, but it's a bit longer than APs.

3. Eight

Eight

I've boycotted liberal rags and electronic media since the 80's... there was a march on Washington back then. It was against abortion. It was the largest march on Washington of all time... it got no mention in any of the major media...

With malpracticing media like we have, how can there ever be intelligence in the political discourse?

Obama's people have hired some loonies and they can fire them... they fired the guy that authorized the flyover of NYC that shook people up.. Obama could apologize and let this guy go too... he won't, it's a black man, but he should really...

Obama's was supposed to be the post racial presidency but what did he do when his teleprompter was not working and somebody asked about that jerk of a professor that got arrested.. he frames it as a "white oppressor cop vs black man" issue.. what a steaming pantload we have for POTUS.. he's a steaming pantload....

4. Can I get some of the stuff that you are smoking????

5. So you are saying you're a commie truther?

6. LOL, they are desperate. Thats good.

7. Really?

I seem to recall that Bush increased the national debt by 3 TRILLION in his first 6 years. He also conveniently left out the money spent on the Iraq/Afghanistan wars, which comes to another TRILLION as of FY-2010.

And wasn't the $700 BILLION "TARP" he and his Treasury Secretary's proposal?

How about the $17.3 BILLION "Xmas Present" he gave to GM and Chrysler last December before he left office, even though both companies were essentially "toast" and heading for BK?

Get real.

8. Are you claiming that the war cost is not included in the national deficit? Once again FloydLandis gets caught lying.

Is anything you post actually rooted in fact? Do us all a favor and honor your word and stop posting.

9. You know Obama will end up spending more right?

You act like Obama is a small government advocate...

Are you really a conservative trying to make liberals look idiotic?

Have you shied away from the actual numbers over the last several months? Is the reality really that hard to take?

#10     Sep 7, 2009