how do you select stock when you are doing daytrading/?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by draggleking, Nov 6, 2009.

1. i trade about 20 stock everyday . ...a nd my netloss stop is 30usd .a nd this is my firstweek for real account in a daytrade branch .

i have 1 year trading . exprience in forex and i have mbtrading account .

also . i do CHINESE SHANGHAI AND SHENZHENSTOCK for 3years ..

NOW. I TRADE AT WTS BRANCH . CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE PAYOUT OF WTS... I WORK FOR THEM. 1RMB PAYOUT FOR 1USD PROFIT..........

• 1104.jpg
      File size:
      108.4 KB
      Views:
  2. 1106 TRADE LIST BELLOW ..

I DIDNT DEAL WITH THE 200 SAN stock after stockmarket close . and after that ,the riskmanager deal w ith my stock , and . my 200SAN based on 58.13, short ....

the position was covered 59 . in nasadsaq.. fuck..

• 1106.jpg
      File size:
      147.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Sorry, I'm confused. Are you asking if someone knows what the payout is at the company you're working for? Shouldn't that have been settled prior to accepting an offer? Maybe check with your manager or HR.

4. draggleking:

From your PnL graph, you seem to have a lot of stocks where you traded 100 shares and with a profit of $1 to $10 (or loss $1 to $10). Are you for real? I don't know what kind of commission rate you are paying. But the commissions can eat you alive (e.g. if you pay $7 a trade, $14 round trip). Unless you pay $0.01 per share.

My question is: Why do you feel you need to trade 20 different stocks everyday? Most of them are non-factors, with gain/loss of $1 to $10.

I would say focus on only a few that have the best reward opportunities and save yourself from being too distracted.

5. I have been trading the same few stocks for years. I know em well, its like being married for 30 years :)

I guess I am a defacto Market Maker for them including related options :)

6. Redneck

Redneck

OP,

Everything these gentlemen have stated and I would add….

You are literally all over the radar screen with regard to volatility – different stocks (especially ones with higher ATR’s/ the more volatile ones) require more experience to trade successfully - imho

Find one stock with a .50 to .85 cent ATR, and > 1M shares traded per day – and stick with it – till you’re consistent at winning and losing (you will always do both)...

Then add another stock – wash, rinse, repeat – and slowly build up you repertoire of tradable stocks.

Regards

RN

7. hopeful

hopeful

I guess he's asking what the commissions/payouts are outside of where he trades from.

China has very low payout. I think in the US you get at least 30% to start minus some costs such as seating charge, you can get higher payout rates if you make more profits.

8. hopeful

hopeful

He's with a prop company so doesn't pay commissions, gets rebates actually.

9. frozzor

frozzor

learn some basic math dude LOL
    .01 a share is MORE than $7 a trade lol

10. Excuse me? 100 shares for $0.01 a share is $1.00. Is this more than $7 a trade?

Did I get my math wrong?

Please double check the post before you laugh.

#10     Nov 7, 2009