How do you recover from a 80% loss?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by failed_trad3r, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Let's say somebody I knew was long 5 days ago, how do I recover?:confused:

2. Sue somebody! Surely it must be someone else's fault?

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

4. :D :D :D

SERIOUSLY THOUGH. JUST TRADE SMALL SIZE LIKE 100 SHARES FOR EQUITIES AND 1 LOT FOR FUTURES. DO THIS UNTIL YOU GET BACK ON YOUR FEET. IT WILL ALSO HELP TO BUILD CONFIDENCE.

BE ENCOURAGED.

5. joneog

joneog

A 400% gain

Seriosly, take some time off, recapitalize with whatever you can, and start again.

6. nicbizz

nicbizz

LOL.

Thanks for the laugh!

7. Froglet

Froglet

I don't know whose who online, who really has the money, who really are successful, or whose pretentious.

If you lost 80% off of a $5,000.00, that isn't too bad.

What you should be concerned about are your own RULES, such as stop losses, emotion control, and risk management.

80% off of $100,000. Now that is another story.

Regardless, you TRADE with what you can afford to lose. Invest with what you can afford to lose as well. RISK = RISK.

If I could ever be a fatherly figure, I would never allow my kid to dip his hand in these capital markets. Statistics are a reflection of risk models, and it says that 99.9% of the retail traders lose money.

8. First, they should have had a signal to get out well before now.

If they did not, they need to review their strat.

Otherwise, switch to FX, use anti martingale strats, and rebuild. Be patient. You can put 500% on an account with one good run. Till then, trade with half strength till sentiment favors you and u are clearly out of consolidation.

9. "Statistics are a reflection of risk models, and it says that 99.9% of the retail traders lose money."

Just curious. This statement seems oversold to me. Is there a study to show it?

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Take notice people, he knows what he's talking about. He's a nurse. :)

#10     Aug 5, 2011