how do i trade forex futures

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by padutrader, Jul 19, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

i am trading spot fx how do i shift to futures.

2. cvds16

cvds16

first of all you need more capital than what I saw on your screenshots in the past. Second you need a futuresbroker; plenty of choice there (you should at least have tried to google or looked under 'brokers' at this site.. Third: in your choice of broker a lot will depend if you want to daytrade or keep your positions overnight.

3. rb7

rb7

Unless I misunderstood your question:
    1) Open an account with a Broker that does Futures on Currency.
    2) Fund your account (with the minimum required, depends on the broker).
    3) Trade.

Good luck (I mean it!!!).

4. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

That's a great question!

First, since you have experience trading Forex, you need to get up to speed with how the futures markets are different. Forex differs from futures in many ways and I believe it's important to understand these differences. There is a lot of good education out there on the fundamentals of the futures markets, a lot of which can be found here on EliteTrader.

Secondly, you need to decide what futures products you're going to trade. If you want to continue trading currencies , there is a list on the CME website of the different options you have: https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/fx/. I typically see forex traders start off with futures by trading /6E, which is the Euro FX. If you've been trading Spot Gold or Spot WTI Oil, you can also trade /GC (Gold) or /CL (Oil).

There are plenty of options out there but I would highly suggest first understanding the major differences of the futures markets before you dive into the world of futures trading.

Good luck!

padutrader likes this.
  5. padutrader

padutrader

anyone who does that? can you suggest

i googled but google did not reply for the first time in my life googling failed

6. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

Any futures brokerage with access to the CME exchanges should allow for currency future trading.

7. padutrader

padutrader

actually i love your reply but this is not facebook....it is actually 100 times as good as face book so our owner Baron, should be worth a trillion usd

8. rb7

rb7

9. padutrader

padutrader

10. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

First, I would focus on the contract size. FX cash has minis and micros, but that is not where it is liquid for the Futures market. The large lot (100K) is where the liquidity is at for FX Futures for example.

Second, learn what are the different margins requirements for your account. Overnight will go by the CME requirements, but for day trading your margins may be lower.

So the focus first is on risk. I hope this helps.

#10     Jul 19, 2018