How can i trade CFDs in TWS?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kakao, Feb 24, 2020.

1. kakao

kakao

Hi Folks,

i am new in TWS. I'm trying to figure out, how can i trade CFDs in TWS.

Assumed, i have 1.000 Dollars and i want to open a position in the amount of 5.000 Dollars. Also, 20% Margin and 5.0 Leverage.

How can i realise this please???

2. Bum

Bum

Your profile shows you're in California.
    U.S. citizens cannot trade CFDs.

kakao likes this.
  3. kakao

kakao

Hi thank you for reply. I‘m not from USA. I‘m from Turkey.

4. Bum

Bum

I used TWS for years but since I'm from the U.S. I've never tried to trade CFDs so not much help.

kakao likes this.
  5. traderjo

traderjo

so WHO CAN? IB DOES NOT ALLOW MARGIN trading or CFD for Australians also! only cash accounts stupid :( the only alternative is to go through expensive Australian brokers!

6. kakao

kakao

People from Europe can do it. I have no idea why CFDs, Certificates or other Market Maker‘s Products are not allowed in US or in Australian. :/

7. Bum

Bum

Why does anyone want to trade CFDs?
    They're a fake market created at your broker to mirror the real market.
    Trade the real market. There are mini and micro futures to practice with that require pretty small accounts. There are ETFs that match most commodity & equity markets so you can practice with them in small sizes.

vanzandt, traderjo and p0box4 like this.
  8. def

def Sponsor

For wholesale clients, not an issue. For retail clients we have started to roll out margin. The amounts initially will be small due to licensing and regulatory requirements/restrictions on handing client money but I think you should be able to enroll and give it a shot. You should be able to trade CFDs with us though as an Australian.

9. def

def Sponsor

Firms offering CFDs typically trade against their clients and widen the spreads. At IB we offer a back to back product which means you get the same fills as the listed. For some there are tax benefits, for others leverage and/or margin efficiency. In Australia, where retail margin is limited, CFDs may be a viable alternative for those seeking leverage.

For the OP and client in Turkey. Offhand I'm pretty sure Turikish residents can trade CFDs. Look for the permissions under the client portal.

Bum likes this.
  10. kakao

kakao

Hello @def, thank you for reply.

Yes, i am permitted to trade CFD. But i can't it figure out, how can i trade CFDs in TWS. I could not find any tutorials for this. Would you make a mini tutorial for me? Maybe a video or a couple of Screenshots...

#10     Feb 24, 2020