How accurate is First In First Out on the DOM?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by CyJackX, Jan 10, 2017.

1. CyJackX

CyJackX

I feel like sometimes I put in at a tick, wait a bit, see the bid/ask spread apart with my order in the middle, but it doesn't get filled, and then the bid/ask tightens up again.

Is this due to my data feed not including all exchanges?

2. bathrobe likes this.
  3. bathrobe

bathrobe

Pat's answer is important, TT's EPIQ feature really helped change my trading in thick outrights like the Two Year Treasury and White/Red ED's

@patrickrooney how will the PIQ change the EPIQ feature, will it just be exact?

4. Thanks @bathrobe. Yes, PIQ will be exact.

bathrobe likes this.
  5. minmike

minmike

How does epiq help with those the 2 year or euro dollar ? Those markets are both pro rata. Place in que is meaningless in them.?

6. bathrobe

bathrobe

In the Front Ed for instance, I wanted to be in the first 300 at an area I thought would get touched, if I wasn't I moved up or down to hopefully assure a fill. Also, the algo skews to benefit those trading size.

7. haroldg

haroldg

The algo skews to benefit those with the capacity to trade size. Oversizing orders is key. Undercapitalized players are at a disadvantage.

bathrobe likes this.
  8. bathrobe

bathrobe

I dream of running through 3-4 levels of those overquoting

CyJackX likes this.
  9. haroldg

haroldg

10. piezoe

piezoe

I dream of the day when the field is level for the guy trading 1 and the guy trading 100. I know it is never gonna come. But I can dream. What would the world be like, I wonder, if everyone really was on the same field and had to compete on the basis of ability. I suspect it wouldn't be much different. But I'll never get the chance to find out.

#10     Jan 11, 2017