Horror glitch at TDA: CSP temporarily loses an impossible 500+% :-)

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by earth_imperator, May 12, 2023.

1. I think there was a temporary glitch at TDA: a CashSecuredPut (CSP) position in a CashAcct has lost more than 500% !!! :)
    Normally more than 100% (ie. the strike) should not be possible.
    This happened yesterday about 8 minutes before market close. I've a screenshot.
    Right now the system seems to have fixed it and the position is only 28% in the negatives, which seems to be the right value.
    Symbol: VERU Jan 2024 1.0 Put. Yes, it had reported bad Earnings yesterday.
    Anyone else experienced same or a similar buggy horror glitch, a nightmare on Wall Street? :mad:

Screenshots with times:

Headings:
    headings.png

Buggy:
    VERU_BUGGY.png

Fixed:
    VERU_FIXED.png

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  2. maxinger

maxinger

images.jpg

With electronics and those lousy programmers, such glitches could happen.

3. What if it was not a glitch but intent (manual manipulation) by a sicko working there?... :)

4. Last edited: May 12, 2023
  5. I wonder how many margin traders got burnt yesterday by this glitch caused by manipulative illegal prices by the MM...
    I hope this SOB MM lands in jail! SEC wake up! :)
    Luckily mine is a CashAcct :)

Seriously: I'm just a foreigner, therefore someone in the US please inform and complain to the SEC about this clearly criminal behavior of this SOB MM a$$ !
    Evidence: MM fills a market order with a price of his own that is mathematically impossible: the premium of a Put strike 1.0 can never be more than 1.0, but here this greedy MM has filled the market order with an unbelievably greedy price of 4.80 !!! And by this action burnt many margin traders as their positions got margin calls and got automatically closed by the system with big losses.
    Market manipulation a la carte by a criminal MM !

6. spy

spy

God you're funny as f*%k!

7. cesfx

cesfx

You "think" there was... A 500$ manipulation!
    On a real or sim account?
    Any link to this horror news?

8. Learn first reading before writing such dumb replies. 500%, not $.

9. Cabin111

Cabin111