Homebuilder ETF's

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by vanzandt, Mar 31, 2020.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

XHB is a good short anywhere near $35.
    $31 today.
    That bitch is heading South.

Ditto ITB.

jmho
    -vz

2. You got a gift, your call on gyms was way ahead of the curve, great job!

NQurious and vanzandt like this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

You should have seen the one to short WYNN at $131.
    ;)

JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Indexes are down 4% today...
    XHB, the S&P Home-builder ETF .... down 8%
    ;)

NQurious and JesseJamesFinn1 like this.
  5. Do you have any thoughts on ARNC, is it part of the Boeing carnage?

6. NQurious

NQurious

@vanzandt you're the one who ought to have journal for your stock picks.

Nice trading!

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

As soon as I do, I'll have a string of losers. :banghead:

8. NQurious

NQurious

Yeah, but I'd be the first loser in line to hear your picks! Worse things to follow you around than a bunch of losers.

9. vanzandt

vanzandt

No I don't think Boeing really has very much to do with it really. All the metal stocks have been hammered hard. Its part of Alcoa (sort of) and its in a lot of indexes and ETF's so its gonna move with the sector. I wouldn't go long, but I wouldn't short it down here either. It'll certainly bounce on any good news. If history is any guide, and you like the sector, I'd probably watch the copper futures for a good uptick. They usually lead the way for metals. Dr Copper or whatever they call it. HG is the contract symbol.

Now Cleveland-Cliffs ($CLF) might be a good one. I've been watching it. They have a lot of debt however, and they just acquired AK Steel in an all stock deal. Personally, I don't think Trump or Biden (he's a big steel guy too) will let them go under. National security. But they picked a bad time for a merger. Of course they'll save a bunch refinancing their debt down here I'd imagine.

It's not a bad company. Tbh... I'd pick it over Arconic. Especially if this infrastructure bill gets legs, which it probably will regardless of who wins in November. It hit a low of about $3.10, its at $3.80 now. Tough call, it could certainly retest those lows, but if we get any rays of hope, it should bounce pretty well. With a 6% dividend, it might be worth buying some for the long haul. They'll surely get a big chunk of this current stimulus. And you can bet we won't be buying any steel from f'ing China anytime in our lifetimes now. F'rs.

10. Thanks for taking the time to expound, your insights are always appreciated! Your calls on the leisure sector were way ahead of these overpaid Wall Street analysts.

#10     Apr 2, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.