Hog/spear hunting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mgrund, Jun 10, 2017.

1. mgrund

mgrund

Hi guys,

I am a fellow trader who enjoys hunting as a pastime down here in Texas.

What I amlooking for is any range/ranch that caters for a spearhunter.

I have been spearhunting for 5 years and as a birthday present to myself I wish to spear a huge 300lb hog.I have my own spear ( a 8ft long cold steel spear ).

Any suggestion to any ranch etc..?
    Thanks guys.

2. maxpi

maxpi

Relative sold the ranch East of San Antonio this year. We had wild hogs, they were aggressive for real. One tried to take down a tractor. I'd hunt them with a .50 Cal rifle maybe...

3. franT

franT

I prefer to scalp dead hogs. Spearing live ones is risky. patanegra.jpg

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

I think the best pig hunting right now is not in Texas...its on NASDAQ.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  5. mlawson71

mlawson71

Wild hogs are terrifying, I don't know how you do this. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that animal.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Once again.... the market analogy resonates quite well.

mlawson71 likes this.
  7. mlawson71

mlawson71

True, I am terrified of the Nasdaq and I don't want to be anywhere near it either. :D

8. mgrund

mgrund

Hi Guys,

Just a quickie. Can anyone come up with a ranch/range which will allow my friend and I on a spear hunt ( pref hogs ). We managed to find a ranch 2 weeks ago to spearhunt some hogs.However, they would only allow the spearing of relatively small hogs ( sub 150 llbs ).

To recap we both have our own spears ( 8 ft cold steel blades ) and wish to spear a few larger hogs. Any fresh ideas?

Thanks in advance.

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

This is so fuking random. Why not try a hunting forum?

10. What about Pigman? He seems crazy enough to go along with it. How do you get close enough to them to spear them?

#10     Jul 17, 2017