Historical Intraday Futures Charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by neil759, Aug 6, 2017.

1. neil759

neil759

I am looking for software or a website that allows you to bring up an intraday futures chart with a customized start-date and end-date from years ago. For example, if I want to view a chart of five-minute bars from, say, August 5, 2009 to September 20, 2009 for gold futures, is there a charting platform out there that allows you to do this? Preferably one that works on Mac OS X?

2. yes, there is. But that will cost you money. TTRH and Bloomberg are good database. Else use Yahoo for free daily closing price

3. just21

just21

You can buy intraday data from a number of sources then chart it in excel.

4. neil759

neil759

I am certainly willing to pay. Can you please list some of the sources?

5. just21

just21

6. ofthomas

ofthomas

like @just21 mentioned, you can buy it and chart with excel or anything that can process a time series..

https://www.tickdata.com/product/historical-futures-data/
    http://www.portaracqg.com/databaseall.php

I know you can chart the old historical contracts with CQG, like if I wanted to see GCEQ15 for example, I can enter that and see a daily chart with the default QTrader enablements (the history by default is 24 months I believe)... but if you want to go further back you need to subscribe/enable the older historical data which $$$... since you want web based, i tested on CQGm and that doesnt seem to work that way...

I personally use tickdata because of their cost, and I have no complains about their data (other than their resolution, as their old stuff goes down to sec only... )

another suggestion would be that you can grab the data from IQFeed using Qcollector Expert... something else I've done as well... you'll end up with a file you can pass to whatever program you want...

7. neil759

neil759

8. neil759

neil759

Great - thanks so much!

9. I have been using intraday futures data AlgoSeek, their data dates back to June 2009 to present and it's from CME, NYMEX, COMEX and CBOT. They also have Future Options data if it's something that you want to look into.