Historical free stock screener

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Splat, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Splat

Splat

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a free stock screener that lets you look at gapper stocks in the PAST using three simple criteria - average volume, close from previous day, ATR? Free Finviz is good but only for curent stocks. Not sure if the $$ version lets you screen historical data..
    Thanks,
    Splat

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

If you have historical data then you can either program it yourself or use ninjatrader, amibroker, metastock, multicharts to run a report.

Free stock data wiki on www.quandl.com

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    zdreg likes this.
  3. Splat

Splat

Thanks for replying. I have access to historical data from iqfeed (not offline) and ninjatrader but how do you search one year ago for all the stocks at the time that fit the criteria I mentioned? Ninjatrader only lets you look at the current stats and even then the scanner doesnt scan the whole universe of US stocks, only what you feed into it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  4. ZBZB

ZBZB

You can use qcollecter from www.mechtrading.com to get the iqfeed data offline. Not familiar with ninjatrader but you should be able to scan the database for your criteria.

5. Splat

Splat

Thanks. I was just looking on the by and by for a free way.
    I already had thought of using Norgate to download and scan their data. I had a feed with them a couple of years ago for delisted stocks but my offline data is out of date. Sounds like updating using their feed would be the way to go for now.

6. taowave

taowave

Quantshare costs $250 and you can download free data(or pay for Norgate) and do all you ask..

7. Splat

Splat

Thanks taowave. Sounds like norgate is the answer for me - used them before.