hiring a developer

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Cmoss, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Cmoss

Cmoss

Hello!

I am looking for a developer to write code for a FOREX simple MA crossover system for NT 8. I think it's c++ but I'm just an outsider that wish I knew code.

Nothing earth shattering 3 or 4 rules to enter with a trailing stop exit.

It's likely already coded before I just don't know.

I dont know what it would cost, and i'd rather not ship the work off to India if I can avoid it.

TIA

CM

2. Mtrader

Mtrader

I had very good experiences with this website:
    https://www.upwork.com

Payments are blocked till your approval. Milestone system.

VPhantom, MoneyMatthew and Cmoss like this.
  3. Cmoss

Cmoss

anyone you can recommend that you have used successfully?

4. Ninja Trader uses C# right? Are you talking about Ninja Trader or something else? This should be really easy to make depending on your rules since there are already existing sets of code/functions for moving averages in just about every language/platform.

Remember to include logic/rules for tie breaks/collisions. For example, if you are scanning multiple markets and EURUSD and USDJPY give you a signal at the exact same time, how will you tie break? Trade both markets or just one? How will you select just one?

Manually have the results to make sure the developer does a good job and does not give false positives. Don't assume the developer did anything right. Test the output on paper if you must to confirm the developer did a good job.

SimpleMeLike and Cmoss like this.
  5. Mtrader

Mtrader

Good suggestion. If it does not work, find a programmer that knows Ninjatrader. On the website they mention in general what they program. Ninjatrader is C#.

6. Mtrader's original advice is very good. That website has people who know NinjaTrader and the milstone system protects you from getting ripped off completely. I just did a quick search on that site and I saw people who do NinjaTrader Dev and know C#. Follow MTrader's advice.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/browse/?q=ninjatrader

Cmoss likes this.
  7. Cmoss

Cmoss

excellent! I posted my request. I'm hoping due to simplicity they come back and say it's $100

8. Yeah, as a programmer for 30ish years, it's not so much knowing how to code in some particular language. It's knowing the environment that you need work done in. C (C++, C#) coders are not hard to find. But finding one that can immediately be productive in NinjaTrader is another story. That has it's own learning curve, as would writing a program to work in Windows graphics, an engineering environment like AutoCad, a web site....Try to find somebody who has successfully implemented something with NinjaTrader.
    Jim

9. Just another thought. If it were me, I'd go with the older guy charging 110 an hour instead of the younger guys charging 35 an hour. Chances are you'll end up spending less and getting more.

10. southall

southall

I think he just said he wants to pay $100 for the whole job.

#10     Mar 31, 2017