high probability trades

Discussion in 'Options' started by met1989, Aug 15, 2019.

1. met1989

met1989

hey I'm looking in to trade that has a high probability but it also can lose a lot how would u go ahead and trade it- my win side is 10% my loss is max 100% of the inital cost i can approx 54 trades a year which a few will be losers but i doubt they will be 100% losses there will be around the 50% would u guys do it ? the max loss is also around the 3% of my account value

2. Wow. 3% loss at what time period?

3. met1989

met1989

expiry

4. Looks impressive indeed!

5. Personally my trades stats look like 50/50 (profitable losing trades) intraday. But the risk reward ratio saves me.
    In scalping I have 80/20 approximately

6. met1989

met1989

wanna be my partner?

Alter Davis likes this.
  7. The critical component to your trade should be... "What trade to make, where, and why"? Then risk a small amount to potentially make 3x that or more.

With an option, 2 logical strategies.... #1, risk the entire premium. #2, stop out at 50% loss of the premium. Both are arbitrary plays. IOW... you have to guess. The option play is a "guess all around", so it's important that you make a logical play at a logical place in the chart.

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. met1989

met1989

don't understand

9. In what format would you like to work? What are your plans?
    Would be interesting probably. But I steel need to clear my plans and understand how much time I have for trading in foreseeable future.

10. You said you're "looking into a trade that has a high probability". How do you know that?

#10     Aug 15, 2019