Hidden Agenda Perpetrated by Congress and the Fed in One Chart

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. It's all the Illuminati, the Bilderbergs and/or the Rothschilds...

dealmaker likes this.
  3. maler

maler

I sometimes wonder what the world would look like
    if reincarnation were scientifically proven.
    Instant empathy.
    Few mighty ones would want to come back on the planet
    on the receiving end of their machinations.

Simples, dealmaker and athlonmank8 like this.
  4. Simples

Simples

Sometimes? I wonder about this every day.

Of course, consciousness is impossible, so never happened..

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  5. Amalgam

Amalgam

If it's hidden how do you see it?

Money Trust likes this.
  6. Sig

Sig

Start that chart on Jan 1st, 2008 and it would show a very different picture. One where corporate profits are very volatile and hence demand a higher rate of return than wages, which are rock solid on the graph. You're comparing apples to oranges with the two, it's like saying muni's should be getting the same returns as tech stocks.
    By the way, nothing's stopping you from starting a company and being part of the corporate profits side of that line. I did, and have profited from it far beyond what I could have if I'd stayed a salaried employee. However I took substantial risks and worked my ass off to get to that profit, neither of which would have been required if I'd stayed in a salaried job. With greater risks come greater reward. If you spent half the energy you spend bashing "the man" and dreaming up conspiracies building a company you'd be rich by now!

7. fhl

fhl

BUSINESS NEWS | Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:42pm BST
    Swiss central bank steps up stock buying spree

"Switzerland's central bank now owns more publicly-traded shares in Facebook (FB.O) than Mark Zuckerberg, part of a mushrooming stock portfolio that is likely to grow yet further."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-swiss-snb-stocks-idUKKCN1151PV

-------

We're in the era of insanely stupid. It's guaranteed to blow up but from my standpoint, that's not even the worst part. The people responsible will successfully blame in on the private sector.

8. What do you think they should do with their reserves instead of buying stocks?

9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Stimulate their own economy: chocolate, fancy watches and put the rest in anonymous bank accounts.

Rationalize likes this.
  10. Simples

Simples

CEO bonuses seem to be trending.

#10     Aug 30, 2016