Here's what will happen to the US Dollar

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PohPoh, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Up Up Up before any big collapse....

I think we may see Mr. Bernanke come out and jack rates early next year to protect the Dollar. The Chinese Bully meeting did not end well for the US, and one way we can fuck the Chinese over is by jacking rates creating a domino effect of a skyrocketing yuan. Not that it would totally screw them as they are major dollar holders, but their bond holdings will get smoked (if that hasn't been them selling already).

UAE and other Ayrabs are panicking, hoofing their dollars in favor of the EURO. Ayrabs are terrible traders, like Egypt panicking and buying a shitload at the very top of the wheat market 6 weeks ago.

Everyone thinks the Dollar is going to zero. Must be time to buy. Like in 2004 when Gates and Buffett started shorting the dollar, so Maw and Paw did the same. The market just rallied and rallied...

2. Digs

Digs

These guys are no fools and they agree with you ...

http://www.lombardstreetresearch.com/

.."22 Dec 06

Good Q4! WE SUGGEST: Bonds still ahead of themselves, Fed could tighten, won't ease

SUMMARY: Q4 consumer spending could be up 4¼-4½%, with GDP growth more likely to be above 3½% than below, and only a touch lower in 2007 Q1. (Charles Dumas)"...

JAN USD Down
    FEB TO APRIL Back Up

3. There's the first step...

4. The market is caught short dollars so a rally in a bear market is not suprising. I would expect central bank bids back into 1.2950 in eurusd. If that fails to hold we could see a flush out. I will wait for the business week or economist story on the strong dollar and sell everything i had in terms of dollars. Just my humble opinion of course.

5. Everyone agrees with you...It seems to me Bernacke is trapped ....But I always get surprised...

Greenspan is married and living the good life...I do not think he wants anything to do with it...

SellOutForTheAll-MightyDollarSavant

6. ES,
    Where's the fun if everyone agrees with me?
    I don't want everyone to agree...i want them to think I'm CRRRRRRAAAAAAYZZZZYYYY!!
    It has worked thusly...

7. Let the truth be known :)

8. No No..
    Hide the truth...until it becomes a lie...
    then let it be known..
    :p :p

9. PohPoh for president!