Here Comes A New Ice Age!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 14, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

My words to Al Gore, "It's the Sun, stupid." I've been watching this begin to unfold for the last 10 years. It's becoming clear that we are on the verge of a new ice age. The only question is, will this be a brief cold period like the Maunder Minimum or the beginning of a real ice age?

Three new studies further support the article conclusions below.

"Currently, the sun is in the midst of the period designated as Cycle 24 and is ramping up toward the cycle's period of maximum activity. However, the recent findings indicate that the activity in the next 11-year solar cycle, Cycle 25, could be greatly reduced. In fact, some scientists are questioning whether this drop in activity could lead to a second Maunder Minimum, which was a 70-year period from 1645 to 1715 when the sun showed virtually no sunspots."

http://www.space.com/11960-fading-sunspots-slower-solar-activity-solar-cycle.html

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Damn...and I was just thinking of buying some carbon credits too.

:)

3. pspr

pspr

Sure you were. :D

4. TGregg

TGregg

We'd better get that carbon debit operation rolling before everybody else jumps on the bandwagon!

:D

5. Ricter

Ricter

Now you believe the scientists?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now you suddenly don't?

7. Ricter

Ricter

I'm not making an assertion, the OP is.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh, so you think MMGW is just a liberal tax scam?

9. Ricter

Ricter

I see you put "MM" in there now, that's good. I'd hate to think a year of effort convincing you the ice was melting was wasted.

10. Not all scientists participate in the global warming fraud, comrade. [​IMG]

#10     Jun 15, 2011