Help with scanner

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by scotta65, Sep 6, 2015.

1. scotta65

scotta65

I am trying to program a scanner but I am struggling to think what logic I could input and give me the setups I want.

Basically, what I want is a stock that has been on a run and then has pulled back to a certain MA.

seems simple, but its been hard filtering thru all the BS that my scanner brings up currently. Right now the logic I have coded is essentially 'current low is lower or equal to MA and prior days low is higher than current low.'

Anyone have any ideas on what logic could bring better results for what I want?

2. Any decent scanner will have a such things as “Minimum low”, “Close”, “Moving average” etc filters.

Say you wanted to see all stocks with 1) a value of 5 bucks or higher, 2) an average volume over the last 21 days greater than 100,000, 3) the low over the last 40 days above the 50 day moving average (as of yesterday) and 4) today’s low lower than the 50 day moving average:

(C>=5)and(AVGV21>100000)and(MINL40.1 >AVGC50.1)AND(L<AVGC50)

3. scotta65

scotta65

I think #3 is the missing ingredient I've been needing. Thanks for the suggestion I will try it out tomorrow.

4. Volume higher than avg
    At/nearing/certain percent from 52 wk highs
    At/nearing/certain percent from 30day highs
    Above/below ____MA
    Within certain percent or dollar figure of same MA
    At/nearing/certain percent of from 5day highs

Dont know if I'm close to what you want but maybe?