Help with multi monitor setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bryantrades, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Hi I'm a fairly new day trader. For the past few months I have been trading off just my laptop with no additional monitors. But on the weekend I decided to buy two 24 inch monitors for charting. I'm
    Not very tech savvy. But I noticed my Laptop has only one HDMI input. Is there any way I can connect both of these monitors to my laptop with HDMI? By the way I have a 17.3 inch Acer Aspire e5-772g-76ed laptop. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

2. just21

just21

3. J_Smith

J_Smith

My advice is forget it, if you are serious about daytrading. Laptops are not designed for lots of graphics, and you will have big problems with overheating, which will shorten the lifespan of your laptop dramatically.

You can put together a nice small mini atx full PC for very small money - get an eyefinity capable motherboard - I have 4 monitors running with just one dual output graphics card and can add another 2 if I like.

240GB SSD running Windows 10 64 bit with 8 GB ram is the basic requirements - 16GB would be better, but not required.

Win 10 can be setup for free.

Off top of my head, full setup should cost roughly $350 - $400 - half that if you buy seconhand.

Make sure you get the right motherboard, as it is the most important when it comes to multi monitor - let me know if you want some make / model no's and I can get same for you to build your system for peanuts compared to what you will pay in shops.

J_S

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  4. NoBias

NoBias

How exactly can he get a free operating system (Win10) ?

5. J_Smith

J_Smith

Install win7 with crack first..then upgrade to win 10 for free. Hell I even got a crack for office 16 which worked - says it does win10 as well, but I didn't try that yet.

Better off do a clean install of win7 first, so save whatever you need first.

J_S

6. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

He needs 240GB SSD?...Less won't do?

I have 100GB SSD for my system drive and its more than enough for the OS, all my programs and trading software.

If he has Windows 8 then its a free upgrade.

Thats funny.

7. J_Smith

J_Smith

For the price diff in SSD the 240 is better value.

Why is it funny?

J_S

8. J_Smith

J_Smith

BTW, if you want to use ninjatrader multi broker to trade live with your IB account, keep windows 7, or first install multi boot software on your hard drive.

The only thing you have to pay for these days, are your trading mistakes :D

J_S

9. NoBias

NoBias

The free upgrade period has expired (July 29th) for general public.

(yes, I am aware temporary loopholes exist to upgrade using valid windows 7/8 keys and for those people who use assistive technologies)

This however, is not a "Free" operating system, this is just the "free" upgrade

To suggest using Cracked Software/OS is terrible advice, moral and legal issues aside, what sane individual would connect their computers to their financial institution(s) with pirated software?

(and yes I anticipate your reply being, that after installing crack Win7, performing Win10 upgrade, you re-format and fresh install Win 10, doesn't mitigate bad advice)

If a pirate will steal for you, he will steal from you...

I usually don't respond to these one-post wonders... but can't help but respond to bad and illegal advice.

---

Regarding SSD 250gb vs 100gb, the cost has decreased dramatically that it does make sense to go with 250gb/500gb drives if only to future proof... I agree 100gb would be sufficient for an order entry / charting system only... but for < $50, why limit yourself...

Assuming the OP is not just another spam, view/post generator -- considering the lack of any technical expertise at all, multiple drive, home built system isn't the best option in this case.

I am an advocate for self builds, but in this case Dell outlet refurb and install dedicated video card is more appropriate... (or as Scat would suggest, eBay used system)

SunTrader likes this.
  10. J_Smith

J_Smith

Fuk bill gates, as he is robbing people every day.

Fuk the legal system - another bunch of robbing bastards that prey on other peoples problems.

Pirating is just another way to say to them all - " Fuk You - you robbing bastards".

You can do what you like with your life, and your money - don't think you can tell others what to do, or some of us will tell you where to go very quickly:rolleyes:

There is one crack out there, developed by those very brainy HOT curry making fellas - it cracks nearly all of the robbing bastard bill gates stuff:D

As for security - you have to know where to get the good ones - same as when trading, you have to know who to speak to in order to get the "right" information!

J_S

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    #10     Aug 25, 2016