Hawaii -- I love you all but I am playing Golf.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jan 14, 2018.

1. jem

jem

http://www.breitbart.com/news/hawaiian-man-ignores-missile-threat-to-finish-his-round-of-golf/

“BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL,” the warning said on smartphones.

Government officials followed the message by saying it was a mistake and there was not an incoming missile.

“If you are watching this video, that means I didn’t make it,” Mark Gardner said in the video. “Because of the missile that is coming toward Hawaii. I just parred the last hole and just hit the shiznick out of my ball.”

“I love y’all, but I’m playing golf. It’s the last thing I’m gonna do.”

Gardner is a high school math teacher. Alohi Gardner tweeted that her father hadn’t received the message on his phone by the time they called him.

“When we talked on the phone, he sounded calm,” she tweeted. “And tried to make myself and my family feel that everything will be OK and that he loved us. And that video was just his way of lightening the mood like he always does.”

Max E. likes this.
  2. Max E.

Max E.

I saw this, an awesome moment of levity in todays angry hyperpartisan era.......

I Think we can all agree if your having a good game, and the nuclear bomb is coming in it would be a very tough decision to get off the course. :)

jem likes this.
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Actually had a pretty funny conversation with my buddy about this one, if i had parred the last couple holes then just bombed a drive, then i heard a nuke was coming.......

My first reaction would be to shave strokes off my scorecard so when they found my charcoal roasted ass 100 years from now they thought i shot a 59. :D

This was the consensus in our fantasy football group. :D

jem and Optionpro007 like this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

"The good lord would never interrupt the best game of my life".

5. RRY16

RRY16

Might have been chaos in the bars...Every grabbing booze and ass.

6. elderado

elderado

And now, for something completely different...

The scariest part is that that scenario makes absolute sense given the level of TDS out there.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  7. RRY16

RRY16

Get Steve Mcgarret and Dan-O on it ASAP..Someone doesn't just press a button by mistake.

8. They say that a "conservative is a liberal who was mugged the night before."

It is sort of interesting to hear the dem Congresswoman there from Hawaii screaming for Trump to fix this thing with Little Rocket Man somehow and fast. Of course, she is ex military so is probably a little more action oriented/savvy then the average dem.

9. Tom B

Tom B

10. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, tough to say what id do in that scenario........ rub one out, or buy more stock. :D

Art Cashin had a good point on this, "If you think the nukes are coming you may as well buy more stock, cause if the nukes ARENT coming, then the market will explode, and if they are it really doesnt matter anyways."

#10     Jan 17, 2018
    Tom B likes this.