Have you been trading profitably for more than a year?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by simonee, Feb 5, 2006.

Have you been trading profitably for more than a year?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2006.
  1. YES

152 vote(s)
    58.2%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    41.8%
  1. simonee

simonee

Interesting to se how many actually trade profitably on ET, an honest answer will benefit all of us.

Best regards
    Simon

2. simonee

simonee

More votes :)

3. smallfil

smallfil

Just started trading options in 2005. I did manage to make a small profit of $5,000.00 for the year but, put "no" as my answer as I have just been it less than a year.
    Of course, hoping to make 2006 a better year but, we never know how it will turn out. Still working on minimizing my mistakes so, I hope to improve in 2006.

4. simonee

simonee

More votes :D

5. simonee

simonee

Thanks for voting, but it is little strange that so many chose not to vote, keep on voting :)

6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

the poll here is all I need to see to realize that there are some folks less than honest here. The actual profitable is much much less I would say.

7. The 90% losing rates were all polled before the advent of websites, DVDs etc.. and where you had to wait 90 days to get a book from Traderspress, Inc etc..

Times.. are a changing..

8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Can't agree with that. Human nature doesn't change. Technology may in fact speed up losses.

9. Considering that nowadays, only the smartest and brightest are entering the game... (off floor traders), I would contend that there would be a 70% winning rate.

It would further be true for this poll because of the survivorship bias. If I was a washout after my 4th blowout, I wouldn't be hanging around here. Only the best and the brightest post here constantly. The weak, give us there farewell messages and go on with other pursuits.

10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

rip, there are 46,000 members and very few post. That's a lot of washouts. Now while it's true that many of those may have washed out and are not voting in the poll, that is the only point I can concede here. However, I would contend that this poll is still way off in it's positive slant if for no other reason than it is human nature to stretch the truth when someone can't put you to the test. I have read many posts here as well and can determine that there is quite a bit of failure. On a side note , if you divide the number of positive answers here by the 46,000 number, it's a pretty low percentage. That last bit was tongue in cheek

#10     Feb 6, 2006