Harvard graduate lost $19 million in forex trading out of $23 million raised

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JSOP, Aug 12, 2020.

1. JSOP

JSOP

and then resorted to Ponzi schemes to pay back earlier investors from newer investors' money.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-crime-park/u-s-charges-harvard-grad-over-alleged-ponzi-like-currency-scam-idUSKCN0YO2TS#:~:text=NEW YORK (Reuters) - A,like payments to earlier investors.

She was supposed to face up 20 years in prison for her crime? Guess how many years she got? THREE years!!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harvard-grad-financier-gets-prison-for-staggering-fraud/

And she didn't even have a lawyer of her own. She was defended by a public defender who recommended no prison sentence for her because she was pregnant. LOL Somebody was actually f***ing her while she was defrauding other people of their hard-earned savings. That public defender is a genius! If a woman can get off with a lighter sentence just because she's pregnant, a man should be able to have a reduced sentence for knocking somebody up. Damn it, Madoff must be kicking himself for insisting on using his own lawyers and not public defenders and not getting laid enough.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Nobert, dealmaker, jys78 and 2 others like this.
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Great publicity for Harvard and forex trading though although losing in futures is totally her own. I mean she graduated with a degree in psychology. She must've gotten really good grades considering how successfully she convinced people to fork over $23 million to her but trading? Obviously not so much... She should've pursued a career in psychology or psychiatry instead. Lots of psychos out there for her to treat and she would've been lot more successful too.

Oh well...

AKUMATOTENSHI and Ninja like this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

most important question is

WHO are those foolish gullible investors who invested in this Harvard graduate?
    There is no such thing as guaranteed-get-rich scheme.
    Sorry no pity, no sympathy for such gullible people.

BlueWaterSailor and Ninja like this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Did you read the article? They were her families, friends, and her fellow Harvard classmates. One though is a paraplegic who was about to retire and she lost every single penny of his money. I mean what I am baffled about is how can she just get THREE years for defrauding $23 million by producing fake account statements basically the same thing as Madoff did and yet she only gets THREE years just because she's pregnant?!! and remorseful??!! I mean I am sure Madoff was remorseful too and he got 150 years. To me a three-year sentence is more fitting for a fraud that involved $23,000 but $23 million??!!

richie90, Ninja, jys78 and 1 other person like this.
  5. d08

d08

Key word here is she. The extra s makes all the difference.

6. orbit23

orbit23

Doubt she was having fun losing all that money. Desperate times call for desperate measures...

It's just money, while 20yr in prison will ruin someone's life.

7. DevBru

DevBru

So if you have a couple of million in the bank and are about to retire, then you lose it all because of a scammer like this ...

How is that not ruining someone's life?

VPhantom, Ninja, Specterx and 4 others like this.
  8. Grantx

Grantx

One, two,
    Forex is coming for you

Three, four,
    It's gonna make you poor

Five, six,
    You'll be be shitting bricks,

Seven, eight,
    The markets got you checkmate

Nine, ten,
    You are poor once again.