,,Gyms Don't Want You To Work Out"

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Nobert, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Nobert

Nobert

Something, to remain open minded :

IMG_20220626_035542.jpg

3. Good! This works out great for those of us that do go. Access to all kinds of equipment at a low cost, and in a mostly empty environment alongside people who are serious about fitness. I like it this way.

Nobert likes this.
  4. Sounds like you're accepting a subsidy of sorts. You're a long way from home, Dorothy. :D

CaptainObvious likes this.
  5. I workout at home.
    I hate the gym, and the people in it,....it feels more like a cheesy nightclub, or annoying social gathering event.

Nobert and Tsing Tao like this.
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Totally. The place next to my office I used to go is more like a disco. People taking selfies of themselves on the machine, barely using it. I actually saw one guy all oiled up - freak show.

Nobert likes this.
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I heard the average planet fitness only has 3percent of its members coming in consistently. Which is why even at 10percent capacity the places are empty.

l

Nobert likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

If you have an extra room or basement, just buy some equipment. I know, some people needs motivation, but there are posters for that.

Nobert likes this.
  9. speedo

speedo

Yes...IF they can stay in business. I've belonged to a number of now defunct gyms. We looked at doing some years ago...it's a tough business model.

Nobert likes this.