Guess Which President Has Been Best for Stocks?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Stocks up 60%...not bad Obama!

Until you look at Gas prices which are up 150%

Health insurance premiums up about 40%

Tuition costs up 50% (as of winter 2011)

And the kicker is, if we price the stock market in gold or silver, it actually went DOWN! The day before Obama took office, One Dow share would buy you 9.7 oz of gold. Today 1 Dow share will only get you 7.6 oz of gold. You lost over 2 oz of gold during his presidency.Priced in silver? 1 Dow share would buy you 732 oz of silver then. Today 1 Dow share will only buy you 395 oz of silver. Basically even though the Dow is up 60%, you still lost about half your buying power in 4 years despite that.

2. Source ?

3. 68 %

4. Thank you for making me double check. I will admit, I was wrong. Health insurance costs are NOT up 40% like I said. They are up 50%!! I was trying to figure out costs from memory, but looks like I was off. Good thing you had me check my source, otherwise we would've seen the damage wasnt as bad.

Here is an article where it shows a families average health care costs were $13,375 in 2009 when Obama took office.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/health/2009-09-15-insurance-costs_N.htm

Here is an article that says those healthcare costs will be about $20,000 by the end of this year(obamas term)

http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/29/pf/healthcare-costs/index.htm

5. Health Ins premiums rose around 50 % in Bushs first term .Its a problem but not one created by Obama

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/health/2009-09-15-insurance-costs_N.htm

[​IMG]

6. Mercor

Mercor

7. Never said rising health care costs were Bushs fault

8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Historically Stocks perform the best when Washington DC is "deadlocked" meaning that one party holds the Whitehouse and the other party controls at least one chamber, House or Senate. This means that no major initiatives that alter the playing field for banks or businesses will make it through federal government - stability in regulations is good for the stock market.

9. Mercor

Mercor

Back to the original point that you avoided.

"Stocks up 60%...not bad Obama!

Until you look at Gas prices which are up 150%

Health insurance premiums up about 40%

Tuition costs up 50% (as of winter 2011)

And the kicker is, if we price the stock market in gold or silver, it actually went DOWN! The day before Obama took office, One Dow share would buy you 9.7 oz of gold. Today 1 Dow share will only get you 7.6 oz of gold. You lost over 2 oz of gold during his presidency.Priced in silver? 1 Dow share would buy you 732 oz of silver then. Today 1 Dow share will only buy you 395 oz of silver. Basically even though the Dow is up 60%, you still lost about half your buying power in 4 years despite that."

#10     Sep 8, 2012