greek and southern european debt

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by zdreg, Jul 19, 2011.

1. zdreg

zdreg

how do you buy greek debt when u feel the time is right?

2. Locutus

Locutus

You can't.

3. Ask your broker if they offer it.

4. zdreg

zdreg

obviously if you are a client of GS it may be possible. do you have another suggestion?

5. I imagine that people like Fidelity or Charles Schwab can offer some stuff.

If you're not interested in that, you may want to look at Eurex BTP futures (which I think is offered by IB now) or the various iShares ETFs, although I don't think the latter offer anything periph-specific.

6. zdreg

zdreg

greek debt is an institutional product unless it has been prepackaged for the retail trade which does not seem to be the case.

7. I know that private banks definitely offer stuff. I can't find a way to do it through an ETF or anything like that. I am sorry I can't be of more help.

8. Locutus

Locutus

If you know of any retail level broker which offers Greek debt I'd be happy to know about that too.

Edit: I hadn't read the thread after this post. So like I said in less words, there isn't an ETF or a retail-offered periphery-specific product on the market but if there is one I'd be interested to know where to find it.

9. Well, I know you're looking for Greece. The closest I can get is Italy, but I am still hunting around.

10. zdreg

zdreg

I dislike blanket statements. can't will definitely result if a person doesn't try.

#10     Jul 19, 2011