Great Depression 2 underway as of July 25, 2014

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AfterLOS, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Dow Jones Top = July 17, 2014
    Target = 2,500

Fasten seatbelts :)

---------------------------------------

I'm SHORT American Express & EurUsd (Shorted @ 1.3869 & 1.3757)
    LONG Gold @ $1,320

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...o-exist-unless-we-bail-them-others-out-again/

Short entry average for Amex $95.26, Target = $40 approx.. ..... partial profits taken on Aug 1 and Aug 8 at the trendline support shown in chart - bounce likely, once TL taken out again, will add to Short bigtime

karryjakson likes this.
  2. Gold is way more bearish than the indices at the moment, and i expect it to remain bear.
    GL on your guess.

WeToddDid2 likes this.
  3. redbox

redbox

If I had $1 for every doom and gloom article I've read over the past few years.........

4. Thanks Nem, you're right, most are bearish The Gold
    Massive support @ approx. $1,200 + double bottoming formation = take a shot at Trend reversal

5. :) But the one @ the Oct 2007 top got past you?

6. Morgan Stanley's other famous Hi-So gurus and fiends, Ben Bernanke & Henry Paulson from the October 2007 pre-CRASH top and their legendary anal-ysis:

June 20th, 2007 – Bernanke: The mortgage debacle “will not affect the economy overall.''
    July 12th, 2007 – Paulson: "This is far and away the strongest global economy I've seen in my business lifetime."
    August 1st, 2007 – Paulson: "I see the underlying economy as being very healthy,"
    October 15th, 2007 – Bernanke: "It is not the responsibility of the Federal Reserve - nor would it be appropriate - to protect lenders and investors from the consequences of their financial decisions."
    May 7, 2008 – Paulson: 'The worst is likely to be behind us . . . . ”
    May 16th, 2008 – Paulson: "In my judgment, we are closer to the end of the market turmoil than the beginning."
    July 16th, 2008 – Bernanke: On Freddie and Fannie: “They will make it through the storm”, "… in no danger of failing.","…adequately capitalized"
    Only two months later both were nationalized.
    February 14th, 2008 – Paulson: (the economy) "is fundamentally strong, diverse and resilient."

7. Goldman Sachs reiterated their bearish stance on the yellow metal.
    "...We continue to stand by our year-end gold price target of $1,050 an ounce," Goldman Sachs said in a note

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...r-as-bullish-wagers-increase-commodities.html

------------------------------------------------

easy to see that Goldman guys are technicians because their bearish CALL is the 50% retracement of the entire 10-year bull move from 2001 to 2011. Very reasonable CALL IMHO.

But what I observe is the massive bullish +ve Divergence being developed on weekly Gold right at the 38.2% retracement level as it buckled, then the Coefficient of Restitution kicked in and now Gold is just sitting like a baby right smack on this 38.2% level - one full notch above Goldman's CALL.

If this 38% level HOLDs firm, Gold will fire like a rocket. If not, we go to Goldman's 50% level

8. --------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's what I've done and am doing on Gold:
    Bought Gold in mid-August 2013 @ $1365
    Bought Gold again in late January 2014 @ $1263
    Bought Gold again in June 2014 @ $1320

Am NOW poised to BUY on further breakout
    @ $1311.40 on 1H
    @ $1323 on 4H
    @ $1350 on Daily
    @ $ 1396 on Daily I go full throttle with afterburners ON

My Eye is on massive support @ $1225. The AXIS of this support is @ $1160

First indication that I am WRONG is if Gold breaks down below $1279
    Second indication that I am wrong will be Gold breaks down below $1258
    Third indication that I am wrong will be Gold breaks down below $ 1240 (June 3rd, 2014 low)

9. Just took some profits on the Short EurUsd positions @ 1.3369. Will add to Short if I get a 1H or 4H rally.

#10     Aug 12, 2014