Grand Hotel du Lac in Vevey, Switzerland

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by dealmaker, Nov 12, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

luisHK, srinir and mlawson71 like this.
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

It's very stylish, I like it.

3. tomorton

tomorton

I want to live there. At least for a while. Until I get bored.

MarkBrown, mlawson71 and dealmaker like this.
  4. mlawson71

mlawson71

Me too. And then I'd move to another equally interesting place.

dealmaker likes this.
  5. luisHK

luisHK

It sure looks nice, there are a whole bunch of similar Grand Hotel/Palaces on Switzerland lakes' shores btw, if money wasn't an issue living full time in one of those sure would sound sweet.
    Downtown Palaces in Switzerland are nothing to scoff at either.

tomorton and dealmaker like this.
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

I don't know about living fulltime in a hotel. I think the novelty might wear off eventually. If you have that kind of money you can have your own house in the region, with your own staff.

7. tomorton

tomorton

I've never understood having a second home. Much more interesting to rent second homes just for half a year in a series of locations.

Well, I'm allowed to dream aren't I?........

dealmaker likes this.
  8. luisHK

luisHK

House staff is very pricey in Switzerland. Depends on the season but price start at affordable levels in most luxury hotels there (Zurich not that much ime and prices jump fast for suites). You get smaller private space in a hotel yet still enjoy the vast public hotel grounds, which are great on Swiss lakes.
    Anyway I've spent quite a few years in short term accommodations (mostly cheap places as a young adult ) and wouldn't mind doing it again, especially if money wasn't an issue. Services apartments offer kind of a middle ground, and I still regularly aim for those in places where you find posh and competitive ones.

FWIW below is a link to the hotel in Switzerland I've stayed most often (besides cheap hotels a couple of decades ago), it's another Palace on lake Geneva, quite an awesome place and highly recommended. Leading Hotels of the World membership is quite useful btw in that part of the world :

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    dealmaker likes this.
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

10. mlawson71

mlawson71

I've never heard of that movie, but I read up on it and it seems interesting.

#10     Dec 26, 2018