Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. It's all psychology and perception, Wall Street wants main street to stay long and keep buying. These big swings are contract roll over from the June contract to the September. For the next week expect similar price action.

#6571     Jun 2, 2015
  2. Here is a chart from yesterday, same time as today. We are at the same price at the same time as yesterday. Same price action to, we came from being down to rally to the high of the session right at lunch time.

#6572     Jun 2, 2015
  3. Go turn on the TV put it on a business channel, you will hear..."AT THE HIGH OF THE SESSION"
    or...."MARKET HAS RECOVERED FROM EARLIER LOSSES AND IT NOW TRADING HIGHER"

Keeps people feeling good, keeps them from selling. Thats all it is, plain and simple.

#6573     Jun 2, 2015
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

I hope the party never ends.

#6574     Jun 2, 2015
  5. noddyboy

noddyboy

Nice to see you calling out the bulls too...

#6575     Jun 2, 2015
  6. S2007S

S2007S

a drop at the open....a rally followed by another drop into the red...havent been near a computer all day but I was surprised to see just now that the markets are in the red, when I stepped away they were in true rally mode....all I know is that the ETF TNA that I own keeps going past where I bought only to fall down, I want to take profits but every time it moves higher I'm like ill hold out for another $1-$2 gain in the price, it falls right back down...touched $90.85 and now trading back around where I bought it....thats only one of the few longs I have to hedge against my short positions...

#6576     Jun 2, 2015
  7. S2007S

S2007S

MARGIN DEBT higher than 2000 and 2007.....but this time its different....

FOOLS

All this while margin debt is reaching deeper into unsettling territory. Never before have investors racked up this much debt to fund their stock purchases, Doug Short of Advisor Perspectives notes. Not in 2000 and not in 2007. That’s fine when the bulls are in charge, as they have been, but when the momentum fades and things start to turn, beware the margin calls and the flood of selling that can accompany them.

[​IMG]

#6577     Jun 2, 2015
  8. xandman

xandman

Be careful with Doug Short, that's perma-bear economics that will keep you under underinvested in the next bull market.

#6578     Jun 2, 2015
  9. So expect more positive Greek spin overnight, America will wake up to another agreement and by lunch time we will be at the highs of the session AGAIN!

#6579     Jun 2, 2015
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

I sure hope so. A parabolic rally to all-time-highs will be nice.

#6580     Jun 2, 2015