Gotta love ZERO RISK in the SP500 = $$$

Discussion in 'Trading' started by makloda, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Autodidact

Autodidact

Impeccable commission :p

#10201     Sep 22, 2015
  2. china data missed and futures gapped down

i think this may actually be a bear market, china isn't reversing trend any time soon

#10202     Sep 22, 2015
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

Why I listen to you and some rickshaw man?
    :(

#10203     Sep 22, 2015
    Pricechange and i960 like this.
  4. romik

romik

Oz has now put in 3 lower peaks, this market is about to puke.

#10204     Sep 23, 2015
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Futures tumbling again tonite on weak PMI numbers out of China....

But no worries they should turn around by early morning...

#10205     Sep 23, 2015
  6. I kinda thought ES might have moved down 50 handles by the close of the US session so that they could bounce it by this morning US session. But it closed down only 180 on the Dow (I show Dow here because its a meter of market psychology) and that suggested to me it would not bounce and continue down...wasn't really a vigorous enough sell-off to warrant traders coming in and taking the other side. So the psychology suggested another approx 150 down on the Dow today.

#10206     Sep 23, 2015
  7. The real problem here is that there has been chatter for days now during the overnight sessions that China is still heavily propping their stock market and heavily controlling currency and economic data news. So its a guessing game as to how bad it is over there (think massive uncertainty).

It is well known that China foreign reserves has dropped precipitously since this Summer and that China are selling US treasuries in order to provide those US dollar reserves. And then you have XI Jinping in the US now taking pure fantasy and misinformation openly in front of crowds here.

#10207     Sep 23, 2015
    promagma likes this.
  8. promagma

promagma

A lot of economic headlines these days... even mum is getting curious

upload_2015-9-23_14-14-51.png

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    #10208     Sep 23, 2015
    i960 and Pricechange like this.
  9. one thing i noticed was that they ran crude way back up to positive into the Chicago close yesterday and that would certainly offer a reason for the /es to bounce into positive this am in NY.

also a decouple US from Europe. USD get strong which means euro lower against the dollar making exports to US cheaper. Dax bouncing nicely throughout the session on this dynamic. VW still down another 8%

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    #10209     Sep 23, 2015
  10. noddyboy
    "I did just that but I think it will sell off after the open tomorrow."

S2007S
    "Just go long before the close for free money tomorrow"

Both sirs are looking very correct here. Looking very much like a bounce and green into the NY open (could be up by 1% by then) but noddyboy may have gotten closer as the timing suggests (we started moving up pretty early in london session and moving up since) that by the time NY opens it might be ready for a trend back downward. Looks like selling into any bounce will be the order of the day in NY but who knows what msm bullish tales they have to tell.

#10210     Sep 23, 2015