Gordon Brown takes on World Economic Forum role

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Debaser82, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown is to take on an advisory role at the World Economic Forum.
    :eek:

Mr Brown will take up the unpaid role chairing a board made up of the heads of international organisations and government representatives.

There had been speculation he could become the next head of the International Monetary Fund. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13171942

2. Maybe he will recommend that all countries sell their gold...

...at 1999 prices.... :D

3. So, dear colleagues, prime ministers, CEO's and kings...

How does one guide a country into total shambles...

Does everybody has a pen?

4. rc8222

rc8222

There had been speculation he could become the next head of the International Monetary Fund. :D

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Brown would ever be appointed the IMF job.

5. Visaria

Visaria

6. Visaria

Visaria

Personally, I would be happy for Brown to be the head of the IMF. He would screw it up, just like he did to the financial situation of the the UK. Hopefully, the IMF would then be abolished :D .

7. LeeD

LeeD

For a moment I was excited about this idea. On a second thought, IMF is a true "non-profit" organisation. Unlike states, IMF doesn't report spending versus receivables and only gives away the money it has... on the condition the borrowing countries follow strict colonial rules.

As the head of IMF, Gordon Brown would have an opportunity to screw up economies of so may countries, I'd rather not count.