google earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by scriabinop23, Apr 14, 2007.

1. The worst part of that trade was that I kept adding to it at lower prices. We all know how well that worked. I was already long from 486 the day before after the earnings dip.

After an experience like that, you realize it often doesn't pay to add to winning OR losing trades (at that point, it was a winning trade).

#21     Apr 15, 2007
  2. From C|Networks:

Companies want scrutiny of Google-DoubleClick deal

Several companies, including Yahoo, AT&T and Microsoft, are encouraging regulators to take a close look at Google's planned purchase of online ad company DoubleClick.

Although the companies have yet to file any formal objections with regulators in the U.S. or Europe, they are beginning to publicly voice their concerns, according to a source close to one of the companies.

If the deal goes through, Google would account for 80 percent of the ads served up on the Internet, the source said.

Google announced its plans to acquire DoubleClick for $3.1 billion on Friday. Microsoft had also been in the running to acquire DoubleClick.

Google could not immediately be reached for comment Sunday.

Google is buying DoubleClick from San Francisco-based private equity firm Hellman & Friedman, which acquired DoubleClick two years ago for $1.1 billion, and JMI Equity and Management. The deal is subject to regulatory approval. David Drummond, senior vice president of corporate development at Google, said he was confident antitrust and other regulators would approve the agreement.

#22     Apr 15, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I still think GOOG trades under $400 sometime in 2007.

#23     Apr 16, 2007
  4. As early as this week? :D

#24     Apr 16, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

I guess your counting on Thursday night as the time it sees something under $400.....

If they dont show such a great earnings report I think it could take a nice dip 425-440 area.

Anything positive and its back to 495+

#25     Apr 16, 2007